Chapter-7 *Emergency*

AER Lounge
8:17pm

To say that Shehnaaz was stunned would be an understatement! She was having goosebumps just by the thought of dancing with the man who has effortlessly been all over her mind since their first meet. She looked up in his hopeful eyes and placed her left hand over his right hand which he had forwarded for her to take.

Sidharth, who had been nervously anticipating her reaction with a bated breath, was eventually relieved and a
full-blown winsome smile appeared on his face as if he had won a trophy. He grasped her delicate hand in a warm, firm grip and felt a throb in his heart when he observed how her little fingers fit perfectly in the gaps between his long thick fingers. Meanwhile, Shehnaaz turned all warm and fuzzy under his ardent gaze.

The lights got dim and a soothing music played in the background as they made their way towards the dance floor.

Disclaimer: Listen the song 'Raabta' sung by Arijit Singh while reading ahead. You can get it clicking on the link of the spotify playlist of this story, given in the 'about' section!

Kehte hain khuda ne

Iss jahaan mein

Sabhi ke liye

Kisi naa kisi ko hai banaya

Har kisi ke liye

Tere milna hai uss

Rab ka ishaara maano

Mujhko banaya tere jaise

Hee kisi ke liye (×2)

"Kaante nahin lage hain hum mein!"Shehnaaz commented when she observed his hesitation about holding her bare waist.

"What!?"Sidharth was confused as he had no idea where it came from.

"I mean you can hold me if you want!"Shehnaaz averted her eyes from his face being shy of what she said.

"With pleasure!"Sidharth had a mischievous smirk on his face as he held her waist, further pulling her into his chest.

Kuch toh hai tujhse raabta

Kaise hum jaane humein kya pata

Kuch toh hai tujhse raabta

Tu humsafar hai

Phir kya fikar hai

Jeene ki wajah yahi hai

Marna issi ke liye

Sidharth bored his black orbs into her brown ones all the while as they swayed to the lyrics of the song playing. "Waise woh ladka kon tha?"He asked, unable to contain his curiosity.

Kehte hain khuda ne

Iss jahaan mein

Sabhi ke liye

Kisi naa kisi ko hai banaya

Har kisi ke liyeee

Their feet moved in perfect sync while their eyes remained locked.

Hmm meharbani jaate jaate

Mujhpe yeh kar gaya

Guzarta sa lamhaa ek