Chapter twenty six

Y/n pov:
Time had passed crazy fast, it was now phoenix, well almost. You were in the airplane flying to Phoenix.

"I hate airplanes." You muttered,
"Your so weird." Chase laughed, you rolled your eyes.
"Are you nervous?" You asked, he nodded,
"Yeah, I'm terrified, not exactly of getting in the car but getting in the car and being to scared." He explained, you nodded in understanding.

"You'll be fine, phoenix is kinda a boring track with no crashes." William piped up from the other side of the plane where he was sitting next to Alex.

"I know, but I really don't want to get in the car and then have a panic attack and then have to get out, in front of thousands of people." Chase explained.

"That's not gonna happen." You said patting his hand.

"Let's hope not." He muttered back.

Chase pov:
I was excited, nervous, terrified, and pumped to race, all at the same time. Excitement rushed threw me as I pulled my helmet on, todays qualifying would be my first time back in the car.

I climbed into the car, my crew chief leaned and did my seatbelt harness up.

"Just do what your comfortable doing, you don't got anything to prove, wing back in the car is enough. Wherever we qualify we qualify, we have a good car we can always move forward during the race." My crew chief said, before doing up the window net.

I took a deep breath and fired up the car. I grinned as it roared to life, I backed out of the garage and drove it onto pit road. Once I got the go ahead from nascar I hit the gas and went up threw the gears.

I sighed with relief as the car went around the first corner, this was a really good car. Grinning to myself I pushed a little harder, as I came out of the last corner and onto the front stretch, I realized I was just driving from muscle memory, the amazing feeling of shifting, and turning the wheel, it just happened I didn't think to much about it I just did it.

After qualifying I pulled into the garage, I pulled myself out of the car. Y/n ran towards me, she threw her arms around me.

"That was awesome, how did it feel?" She asked, I grinned at her,
"Amazing!" I said.

I ended up qualifying tenth which was pretty decent. I was pretty excited for the race confident I could finish top five, if nothing bad happened.

Ryan, William, Kevin, and Denny were in the round of four, honestly I was hoping for Ryan. William may be my teammate and a good friend, but Ryan had been doing this longer and he had had a great season, he deserved it.

*the next day*
It was Sunday today, I was nervous. I zipped up my fire suit and stared at myself in the mirror.
Y/n came up behind me,
"You look good, your gonna crush it out there today." She said kissing me.
I smiled at her and sat on the couch and started scrolling threw instagram.

@Y/n_Y/l/n: @chaseelliott9 is lookin hot and ready for racing.

    Liked by 6,998

@ryanblaney10: dang lookin good, can't wait to race with him again today.
@kevinharvick: glad to see him back in the suit.
@chaseelliott9: glad to be back and lapping these idiots.
   |
  @ryanblaney10: @chaseelliott9 glad your back, but your going to eat my dust.
   |
  @chaseelliott9: @ryanblaney10 oh please in your dreams.

After scrolling for a bit I decided to post my own picture.

@chaseelliott9: phoenix here I come.

Liked by 10,588

@dennyhamlin: there's a sight for sore eyes.
@y/n_y/l/n: lookin good😏
@rowdybusch: half of me is happy to see you back the other half isn't.

*time skip cause I'm lazy*

I was standing on pit road next to y/n as the national anthem was sung. When they finished I turned to y/n, I kissed her.
"Good luck." She said,
"Thanks, meet you in victory lane." I said smirking, she smiled and nodded. I pulled my helmet on and climbed into the car.

Time seemed to fly, before I knew it, the green flag was waving. With the awesome car I had I made quick work of the other cars, I settled into a routine in 5, I made sure to hit my marks while trying to find a way around Denny who was in 4.

It was the last lap before the end of stage one, I was in second, Kyle Busch was in 1, as we came around the last corner he got loose, I capitalized on the opportunity, I managed to pull up in line with him, we crossed the finish line side by side.

My spotter came on over the radio,
"First race back and you win the first stage." I grinned and sighed with relief. The race continued on much of the same, I was always in the top 5.

I crossed the line in first at the end of stage two as well.
"Jeez chase, your sweeping it, just gotta get that last stage." My crew chief said over the radio. I took a deep breath, I could do this, I could win my first race back.

Y/n pov:
You watched as the green flag dropped, Chase had already won both stages, now he just needed to win the race. It was a close battle between Ryan and Kevin for the championship, you didn't really know who to cheer for.

As the last stage went on, Chase maintained the third spot for the most of it. Suddenly Ricky ate house jr, (or should I say, wrecky spinhouse jr) spun on the back stretch. The caution came out. This was going to be the last pit stop for the race.

You anxiously bit your finger nails as the cars came down pit road, cause pulled into his stall and his crew got right to work, hitting their marks perfectly. You sighed in relief as Chase won the battle off pit road.

Chase restarted in the lead. He immediately had a big gap between him and 2 place. You watched anxiously as the laps ticked down, 33 to go, 24 to go, 18, 10, 5, and the the last lap.

It was like the world slowed as Chase went into the first corner and and came out down the back stretch into the other corner and finally across the front stretch across the finish line the checkered flag waving.

A/n:
Let me now what you think,
The book is almost over only a few more parts.