Chapter 3 : Fake Date

Y/n's POV:

I made it to the astronomy tower right on 9, just like Draco had said.

I looked around and saw Draco leaning against the balcony railing.

His platinum blonde shining in the moonlight.

We were both still in our school uniform, but I had thrown an oversized grey hoodie over the top cause it was going to be a cold night.

I walked over to Draco and as he heard me walk over, he turned around. "I didn't think you'd show y/n", he said.

"Same here. Now what do you want to ask me ?" I was so curious, I couldn't think of one what Draco would want to do with me.

"I need help with Pansy..." he started.

"Go on," I motioned for him to continue.

"And she's been hassling me to ask her to the Yule ball. But I told her I already have a date, but I don't. So I was wondering if you could do me a favor and go to the Yule ball with me as a fake date".

Well that I was not expecting.

Surprise was written all over my face, and there was no way I could hide it.

The Draco Malfoy, wants me, to go to the Yule ball with him, but as a fake date.

Right now Draco had only told me what he wanted, there was nothing for me in it.

"What's in it for me?" I asked cautiously.

Draco sighed.

He was desperate. And he knew it.

"What do you want y/n ?".

I smirked, "how about you take me shopping this weekend at Hogsmeade ? ".

Draco rolled his eyes.

"So if I take you shopping this weekend, you'll got to the Yule ball with me as my fake date ?".

I nodded.

"Ok deal".

Draco left the astronomy tower after that, and left me to look at the stars.

They were so beautiful.

I began to run over what just happened in my head.

Draco asked me to be his fake date and I said yes. Well at least I get to go shopping. And nothing is actually going to happen between us. It's just fake. Like what Draco said. I'm his fake date. That's it.

~ Time Skip ~

Once I woke up that morning I headed straight for Daphne's dorm, since I knew she would still be in there getting ready.

I knocked on the door and waited patiently.

Daphne opened the door and smiled when she saw me. "Come in y/n".

I went into her dorm and sat on her bed, while she walked back over to her vanity.

"What's up ?", she asked when I didn't say anything.

"Do you still want me to go dress shopping with you ?".

Daphne dropped her make up bag and spun around. "You got asked to the ball !?".

I laughed, "don't act so surprised".

Daphne blushed in embarrassment, "sorry. Who asked you ?".

I was mentally deciding whether I should tell her I was going with Draco, but I decided not to. "Doesn't matter". Daphne dropped it and began deciding what sort of dress I should get.

Draco's POV:

I asked y/n to the Yule ball last night, to be my fake date, thankfully she said yes. Now Pansy will hopefully back off.

Blaise and I walked down to the Great Hall, ready for breakfast, but Blaise brought up the Yule ball.

"You still haven't told me who your going with, yet".

I shrugged my shoulders avoiding the question, but Blaise wanted an answer.

"Come on Draco. Just tell me. Everyone thinks your going by yourself. I think you've got an imaginary date !".

I rolled my eyes at his comment. "Very funny Blaise, and my date is a real person".

I tried to walk away from him, because I didn't want to answer anymore stupid questions, but Blaise kept following me.

"Fine ! Y/n's my date to the Yule ball ! Happy now Blaise".

Blaise's eyes widened.

"You mean y/n as in y/n, y/ln ? How did you manage that ?".

I laughed, "I honestly don't know ".

~ Time Skip ~

I walked to third period by myself, since Blaise wanted to hang out with Daphne. I entered the Transfiguration classroom slightly early.

Just a minute later the classroom fills with students, including y/n.

Many of the seats were still available but y/n sat down next to me.

"Just because I asked you to be my fake date for the Yule ball, doesn't mean you have to sit with me", I whispered in her ear.

Y/n smiled softly, "I know, but Daphne was gonna sit with Blaise, so I thought we could be lonely together".

I turned back to Professor McGonagall and waited for class to start.

Y/n's POV:

As third period ended Daphne ran over to me.

"You ready to go dress shopping ?", she asked, bouncing with excitement.

I swear I saw Draco smirk, out of the corner of my eye, but I let it go.

"Yep, let me put my staff away though".

We quickly ran back to my room and I put my stuff on my double bed. I grabbed my grey hoodie from last night, and put it on, since it was going to be a cold night.

After that we left for Hogsmeade.

We planned on going dress shopping then we'd go to Honeydukes, just in case we missed dinner.

We got to the dress shop and started wandering around.

Daphne found her perfect dress almost instantly.

It was a black dress, with a V-neck and spaghetti straps. It had a fitted bodice and the long black, silky fabric of the dress ran down to her feet.

It looked gorgeous on her.

Now I just had to find my dress.

We walked around the shop, but I still couldn't find anything.

Even though Draco was my fake date, I still wanted to look good for him.

"Y/n !", Daphne called me.

I walked over to her and saw the green dress in her hands.

The deep emerald green colour of the fabric matched my eyes. It had a corset bodice and it had a slit on one of my legs. The back bit was bare and there were no straps on the dress.

I looked at Daphne, "you sure this is the one ?".

"One hundred percent positive".