Chapter 2

At first Makoto didn't know what to do at all. Why was Sousuke here? They've never really met up befor, they barely knew each other. The only reasons they knew each other at least a little bit were in Australia. What did he do here?

"Um... Can I help you?", Makoto asked surprised.

"What's with that greeting, Tachibana?" Sousuke grinned and stepped in, closing the door behind him.

"Ah...Hello...?" Makoto tried to make up for his mistake immediately.

The slightly taller boy shoved his hands in his pockets and walked into the living room, mumbling something like:"You're unbelievable", while grinning even more.

What was going on here?

Makoto walked into the living room, only to find Sousuke already making himself comfortable on the couch.

"What are you doing here?", the green eyed boy asked, trying not to sound rude.

The dark haired boy yawned. "That four-eyed fellow of yours called me saying you needed help", he replied while taking a look on the TV. The dolphin documentary was still not over yet. "Seems like he was right."

Makoto stood in the door, totally starstrucked. "Wait...Rei called you? What do you mean by 'help'?"

Sousuke sighed and pointed at the TV. "Evidence No. 1"

Then he pointed at Makoto's cellphone which had a picture of Haru and him as background, "Evidence No. 2"

Then he stood up and walked towards Makoto, carefully touching the traces of tears on his face, "Evidence No. 3"

Makoto's face became red by the soft touch of Sousuke's warm finger. He took a step back. "Yeah, and what about it?", he asked, trying to sound confident, but actually he was totally confused.

"That blue haired guy said you were depressed because Rin left for Australia taking that Nanase idiot with him." Sousuke crossed his arms in front of his stomach.

"Haru isn't an idiot!", he replied immediately. Just after that, he realized that was exactly what Sousuke was trying to provoke.

The other boy raised an eyebrow.

"A-Anyways, I'm not depressed or anything. I'm happy for them."

"Do I have to tell you all the evidences again?"

Makoto sighed. "Never mind. Why should you be able to help me? We barely know each other."

"That's true, but we've still got something in common", Sousuke answered with a sad smile. "Our loves have both been taken away from us."

It took Makoto a moment to understand what Rin's friend just said.

"So you're...", he hesitated, not sure if he was right.

"Yeah, we're in exactly the same position, Tachibana."

"I...see", he answered, feeling sad for a boy he barely knew. From that moment on, he felt somehow connected to Sousuke, who knew the same pain as he did.

"But how did Rei know about it?"

"About me being in love with Rin? I guess he's just a good watcher."

Makoto nodded, Rei really was clever.

"And...ah...What are we supposed to do now?"

"You tell me, Tachibana." Sousuke grinned.