Chapter 11

Just wanted to thank you guys again, this time for over 1k views! Like I said, you're amazing! ^-^

----

Makoto felt something touching his hand, but he couldn't see what or who it was. His eyes were closed and he wasn't able to open them, not yet at least, because of the stabbing pain he felt in his head.

Makoto was totally confused. What time was it? Has he been asleep till now? Where was he? Did something happen?

At first, he couldn't remember anything, but after some time everything came back to him. He was out on a camping trip with Rei, Nagisa and Sousuke. A storm surprised them in the middle of the night and when they were just about to look for shelter Makoto got hit by something and lost conciousness.

The first thought that came to his mind when he remembered what has happened was: Is everyone else okay?

He hoped he was the only one who got hurt. He could bear the pain of his own wounds, but he would never forgive himself if something happened to his friends.

When he felt something touching his hand again Makoto tried to open his eyes a second time. This time it worked. The person holding his hand was sitting next to his bed crying.

"Mom?", he asked with a weak voice.

Mrs. Tachibana opened her eyes immediately and looked at her son. "Makoto? Oh thank god!" She took his hand and kissed it, nearly squeezing it with her own hands.

"Where am I?", he asked and tried to sit up.

"Easy, honey! Don't overdo it. Wait, I'll call a nurse", she replied and befor he could say anything she already rushed out of the room.

So he was at a hospital, huh? Was his accident that serious?

Shortly after his mom left she returned with a nurse.

"How are you feeling, Mr. Tachibana?", she asked and touched his face to see if had a fever.

"Um... Fine, actually. My head hurts quite a lot, though, but that's all."

The nurse smiled. "Perfect. I think you still remember that you got hit by a piece of wood on the head. What you are feeling are just afterpains, nothing serious. You should be fine in a few days. Do you have any questions?"

Makoto thought about it for a short moment. "How long was I unconcious?"

"About three days. You got us really worried", the nurse admitted. "But it should be fine now. We will release you the day after tomorrow so we can make sure you're really okay."

When Makoto nodded the nurse smiled again and left the room.

"Mom, do you know if everyone else is okay?", he asked his mother.

She came closer and stroked his hair. "Yes, they're all fine so don't worry."

"Good", he said relieved and yawned. "Somehow I'm really tired now."

Mrs. Tachibana smiled. "Then rest a bit. I'll come again tomorrow, okay?"

He nodded and after his mother left he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

----

Makoto woke up by the sound of someone running down the hall. The hospital sure was busy.

He sat up and looked for his cellphone. He found it on a little desk next to his bed. When he checked all the missed calls and messages he felt a bit disappointed. There were neither messages nor calls from Sousuke.

On second thought Makoto thought his reaction was stupid. Why would Sousuke call or text him when he knew he was in hospital?

But then.... Where was Sousuke?

Suddenly the door to his room opened and two boys entered.

"Mako-chan! We heard you finally woke up!", Nagisa said and ran to his bed.

"Nagisa, don't run!", Rei scolded him.

"Hey you two", Makoto greeted them and smiled.

Nagisa jumped around like the little puppy he was. "I'm so glad you're okay, Mako-chan!"

"Me too." He laughed. "But I'm even more relieved that you're fine... How did I get here anyway?"

"You mean to the hospital? Well, when you lost conciousness Sousuke caried you all the way to one of the houses on the island. The people living there allowed us to stay the night at their place and in the morning my father picked us up with his boat and took you to the hospital", Rei explained and brought his glasses into the right position.

Makoto nodded. "I see... Thanks for taking care of me!"

"We didn't mind, Mako-chan! But you know, Rei was crying like a child", Nagisa said to him and laughed.

"N-Nagisa!", Rei shouted. "Of course I was not!"

Makoto laughed. "Is that so?"

They talked for a long time and laughed together. His friends really were the best!

When the were just about to leave again Makoto stopped them.

"Um... By any chance... Do you know where Sousuke is?"

Rei and Nagisa looked at each other, not sure what to answer.

Rei took a deep breath. "Well, eh..."

Just when he wanted to answer the door was slammed open again.

"Makoto!", Haru shouted.