Chapter 5: The Chains of the Past are Gone.

It had been a few days, weeks rather, since she found out that she was going to be going to the poshest school in London.  today, will be her first day- dooms day.

she really did not embrace  the change that much but pretended to do so for the sake of her ‘family’. Then again, she didn't have too much of a choice about it. So, she; sucked it up’ and tried her level best to get used to it. Despite this, she was glad about one thing, no more flippen harry styles! She was now away. Away from that son of a gun guy. Away from his tormenting. Away from her past. She was free at last.

But, she hated to admit that she would miss the teasing. Overall, she was a lot happier at the thought of not seeing him anymore. It was her solace.

Slowly opening her eyes, she let the sunlight dance upon her eyelids. These past few days of pure freedom, away from the stress of her usual life had been amazing. Now, she had to return to civilization in a way she never knew. She had to change from being “Anna” to “Cordelia Witherstone’s neice  Anna”. The task was daunting but that was such an understatement.

Once again, the familiar thought played in her mind. “will they like me?” she thought with a sigh escaping her lips.

Pulling herself away from the warmth and comfort of the comforter, she touched the cold wooden floor beneath her and let a shiver pass down her spine. Gosh this was cold! Where were her bunny slippers? Moving her leg around, she found them and quickly slipped her feet inside them, allowing the warmth to engulf her and smiled.

Then, she looked around, again. No matter how many times she saw this room, it was a shock to her. Compared to her old room, this was heaven! The room had been barley the size of a closet and this one, was almost as big as a garage and maybe even two! It had everything that maybe a girl could dream off- the queen sized bed, silk covers and sheets, fluffy pillows, a sweet, cream color wall and this was just the beginning. It looked something straight out of a movie.

Snapping out of the trance, she grabbed her silk robe and walked over to her new walk in closet. Oh yeah this was amazing! The closet rather mall, consisted of everything, from Marc Jacobs to Victoria's Secret to Chanel. It had it all. Strangely enough though, Anna simply wanted to wear her simple clothing from thrift stores. But she knew she couldn't. After all, Cordelia Witherstone’s nice could not be seen in anything not branded, high fashion branded. She was no longer a face for herself. She was a face for her aunt and her family and was expected to behave like them.

After quickly bathing, she found herself standing in front of one of the Oakwood panels in her silk robe. With her now perfectly French manicured fingers, she picked up a shirt that she would wear normally. But, the moment she peaked at the tag reading Ralph Lauren, she gulped. This was unbelievable! Recovering, she walked a little ahead to a different panel consisting of jeans and began to search for one. Once again, she picked out the simplest looking one and this time when she read the tag, she gasped. Calvin Klein! These clothes were to die for!

Holding the two pieces of clothing in her hand, she was just about to wear them when she doubted herself.

Was this too simple?, she asked herself, keeping back the clothes and looking for new things.

After scouring the dream wardrobe,  she finally found a short military skirt, ending  a few inches above her knees along with a black sleeveless top and a crisp white blazer. By now, she knew that the simpler the clothes looked, the more expensive they were. Thus, she didn’t bother looking at the tags, knowing that she would gasp. This was all so surreal.

Quickly dressing into them, she walked towards her vanity populated with an array of necklaces, bracelets, rings, brooches, earrings and make up. She could hear the echo of her brown leather ankle boots clock against the floor. But, the  problem was the skirt. Wearing jeans for almost all her life, she was not used to the open air coating her legs. It was.. different but, she would get used to it.