Chapter 12

** Putting a trigger warning for the second portion of the chapter**

I turned my eyes to Dimitri in mortification, but Dimitri just smiled at me with a shit-eating grin.

I cleared my throat and carefully ran my hand through my hair while walking quickly to the chair to hide that I wasn't wearing pants. Olena smiled at me sweetly and rested her hand on the teacup in front of her. I was surprised to see something so antique and feminine in Dimitri's apartment, but he must have kept it here just for her.

I wasn't surprised that he was a 'Mama's boy'.

"Did you sleep well, dear?" Olena asked I tried to fight the blush as I thought about how little sleep I actually got.

"I did," I said after a moment. "Was your flight good?" I asked a little awkwardly, tugging Dimitri's shirt down around my thighs. Dimitri set a cup of hot chocolate on the counter in front of me. I beamed at him and blew at the steam. Dimitri recently learned that I preferred hot chocolate to coffee, mostly because I had a sweet tooth, and made it his personal duty to bring me one every day.

Whether it be at lunchtime with a quick heavy kiss, or once he finished teaching. I thought it was sweet and I looked forward to it. My friends at school thought it was sappy, but I could see that it made Lissa happy to see me happy. All my previous relationships were on the casual side, but with Dimitri, it was the real deal.

"My flight was fine, long as usual. But when Dimitri told me that he had finally made connections with his young mate, I knew that I needed to meet the beauty who has captured my son's heart." Olena boasted, resting a hand on one of mine. I smiled at her and then looked at Dimitri, winking at him.

"She is a beauty," Dimitri chirped as he grinned at me from the other side of the counter.

"Hush, you," I said as I took a sip of my hot chocolate, licking the chocolate off my lips. Dimitri chuckled and came around the counter to kiss my hair.

I can't believe you let me walk out here with no pants on! I scolded Dimitri through the bond. Dimitri couldn't contain his laughter to the bond and laughed out loud, ducking down to kiss my cheek.

"How was I supposed to know?"

____________________________

The final party of the year was the biggest I had ever been to, and that was including the college party I went to at the beginning of the year. It was being held at Natalie Dashkov's house. She was a bit of an oddball but was nice enough. Lissa's family was close with the Dashkov's and Lissa had been friends with Natalie her whole life.

The party was spread out around the house and the back garden, booming and boisterous. If I ever thought about throwing a party like this at my house, my mother would string me up by my toes. I sipped my beer and smirked as Eddie flirted shamelessly with a girl from another school. I could tell from here that he was pulling all the stops and I couldn't help but laugh at him.

"What's got you so chipper?" Mia said loudly in my ear.

I took another sip of my beer and pointed at Eddie. 

"Heartbreak King," I said back. Mia laughed and ran her hair through her newly short hair. She had given up her curly, long, golden locks for a short pixie cut. I had to admit that it made her look like a five-foot-nothing badass.

"Has he had an actual relationship since you?"

I scrunched my brows together and then frowned. "Uh, yeah. Deanne, remember, the one who cheated on him with two guys at the same time? And he caught the three of them together at Lissa's party last year?"