Short starter

"Alright

"Alright. Now, I know business has been... a bit slow lately, yes. But don't panic, it's no one's fault, okay?" Levi said. Levi was the receptionist and temporary manager of the hotel. He's a man in his mid fourties'. His husband ditched him for a Hawaiian helicopter pilot. His kids are out of the house. All he had now is his cat "Dorothy". He's pompous and well-bred in bearing, but prone to making sassy remarks. Words he often called others were "Hon" or "Snug".

He looked at the rest of the staff of the hotel.

Tim: The kindhearted, well meaning but dimwitted bellhop.

Amy: The gothic, bad girl in pink hair who acts like she doesn't care, but secretly does.

Salvador: The Italian bartender who gives out snappy tidbits of advice.

Elroy: The sarcastic but kind guy. Member of cleaning staff.

And then there was Max. The concierge. Max raised his hand nervously.

Yes. This hotel was extremely understaffed.

"Max, hon. This is a meeting. Not school. You don't have to raise your hand, but it's sweet of you to do so. You can speak up if you want." Levi said to Max.

"Yes sir. Are you going to be running the hotel?" Max asked him.

"For the time being. Until either our lackluster or a manager returns, or someone more qualified comes in." Levi said. Levi clapped his hands.

"Alright. Now our topic for this meeting. We need to drum up business! This is Japan for god sake. One of the most visited vacation places in the world. We should be making a little more bang for our buck." Levi said as he pulled out a red rubber ball.

"Now I have this red rubber ball. Now I'm going to bounce it around the room. Whoever catches it, give me an idea to bring in guests." Levi said.

"What not just go one at a time?" Salvador asked.

"Because this balls been sitting at my desk for weeks, collecting dust and I need a reason to keep it around." Levi said as he threw the ball on the table. It bounced off the table, hit a wall, bounced back on the table, hit Levi's desk, it the wall, went back at the table, and smacked Max in the face.

Max was writing a little manga of his. It was a comedy called "Auntie and Baby." It focused on the laughable misadventures of an aunt and her nephew, as they tried to do normal things but always get into trouble. Such as going to a Lowes, only for Auntie to get lost in the toilet section while Baby ends up building a house.

Another manga he was writing was based off the bunny siblings, Max and Ruby, and it was a horror story. In it, Max and Ruby were born with some kinda genetic deficiency where they were born like rabbits. When Ruby was seven and Max was three, their mother killed their father (accidentally) abandoned Max and Ruby with their grandma in a cabin in the forest. When their grandma died, Max and Ruby were left to fend for themselves. So they resort to their animal roots. They're no longer tame: they're like vicious rabbit who want to go around and try and find prey. Years later their mother returns with her new wife and daughter, to introduce them to her other children to be a family. Feeling betrayed and seeing who they were dumped for, it results in Max and Ruby finally snapping and going on a murderous rampage for human flesh as they antagonize a group of teens and teachers who are occupying a rural cabin.

Papers flew everywhere.

"Ah! Oh dear! Oh dear! Oh dear! Oh dear!" Max panicked as he gathered up the papers.

"No wrinkles! Please no wrinkles!" Max said panicking. Levi, Tim, and Salvador immediately rushed over to Max to calm him down. Amy started playing calming music on her phone.

"Hey. It's ok. It's ok. Just relax. Your papers are fine. See? No wrinkles." Salvador said as he showed Max the papers. Max panicked over small things. Usually these panics would consist of hyperventilating and talking so fast that his words ran together. Whenever he panicked over bugs things though, that was an entirely different story. Max took a few breaths and calmed down.

"It's ok. I'm good now." Max said.

"Are you sure?" Tim asked. Max nodded his head gently.

"Yes sir." Max said.

"You don't have to call every man and woman, sir or ma'am. But you do you hon." Levi said walking back to his seat.

"Now for my idea...maybe a event? Like cosplay or movie night or...that's all I got." Max said as he was making that up at the top of his head.

"Let's keep that one in mind." Levi said. Max smiled happily in confidence. Soon Amy had the ball. She simply shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know. Maybe we post flyers or a commercial? Something a normal business would do." Amy said as she was listening to a band on her phone while chewing gum. She had one of those "I just really don't give a crap" looks on her face.

"At least act like you care." Salvador said.

Max just went back to writing his manga. He loved telling story's. He mainly wrote about comedy, horror, adventure, or really really really sweet dramas. But he wanted to start writing about romance. Trouble was, whenever he did try writing about it, his mind started spitting out blanks. He couldn't understand it.

He looked back at the pages as he continued writing.