His time in Otherworld

2 months after Trunks stops Majin Buu's awakening

If you told Gohan one day the android menace will be over when he was alive, he would have never believed you. But now in the present he couldn't have been more proud of the strength Trunks had attained in his endeavour to save the future. Not only mastering the legendary Super Saiyan form, but surpassing it, all while defeating some bug like creature that killed him in another timeline, stopping the universe's most devastating organism from awakening and most importantly to Gohan, ridding the world of the twin menace that were Androids 17 and 18.

He looked down at Trunks from the otherworld, a smile adorned on his face as he watched his brother bond with Bulma and a young raven haired girl, inside the newly refurbished capsule corp building as he recounted his time with past Vegeta in the time chamber.

A hand clasped on his shoulder. Turning around, he saw the familiar smile of his father, the smile he had missed for so long whilst trapped in the midst of combat. He still remembers the moment he reunited with Goku, the moment where the fate of the world almost didn't matter because he finally was again with not only his hero, his inspiration, but his father as well. The warm embrace around him relaxed him and gave him that sense that everything was going to be okay.

Even in otherworld he had that effect, a great man truly.

All three had one final look down to see Trunks, silently wishing him well before returning to training.

Just because the two Saiyans were left to watch as Trunks kept the world at peace, didn't mean they themselves didn't become more powerful. King Kai's involvement in the otherworld tournaments meant exposure to some of the universes greatest warriors from numerous galaxies, an opportunity for them and Piccolo to grow exponentially.

Though Piccolo would grow much more powerful, the level of the saiyans was mind boggling. Otherworld's lack of downsides with body strain allowed limits to be surpassed, not only quickly attaining super saiyan two after Trunks but also attaining and mastering super saiyan 3 in the process.

But even still they carried on, to the dismay of King Kai and his "Precious Car" but even he had to admit the growth experienced by the father and son duo was remarkable.

Just before the two could go at it though, a shout for lunch from Chi Chi could be heard in the distance. Passing away shortly after hearing the death of Gohan, she was happy to finally be back with her family.

It seemed like nothing could go wrong. Gohan was with his family again, and the world was peaceful and not in any danger at all.

But its Dragon Ball, and since when does peace ever last in Dragon Ball?

It would only be a matter of time before the universe was in jeopardy again.

to be continued...