His last stand

Narrator's pov:

Slowly he rose up, stumbling to his feet as he felt death's cold breath on his body. This raging battle of attrition was one he knew he had no chance in, yet the Saiyan blood in him would not allow him to give in.

He stared down 17 and 18, a mechanical smirk on both of their faces as they saw victory in the form of a barely alive Gohan. Yet last time they had made the mistake of not ensuring both he and the kid were dead.

Today they wont make the same mistake.

Slowly they rose up, high above Gohan, and stuck out their hands, ready to finish the job.

"It was fun while it lasted Gohan, but unfortunately we're no longer interested in you as a play toy." The blond android spoke, almost with a taunting tone of remorse

"Don't worry Gohan, you won't be alone. You'll reunite with everyone in the otherworld, and soon after that, you'll reunite with everyone left here."

Their hands began to glow with a yellow hue, as they prepared to launch their winning attack.

But he wasn't done just yet.

Gohan gathered all the energy he had and lit in a burning glow of yellow, hair now golden and blowing in the wind.

"You can't win...You will never win. I will never die..."

A familiar blue light engulfed his sole arm: a culmination of his life force and remaining ki as he prepared his last stand.

"Even if I fall...Someone else will rise up...

And take my place..."

The androids simply grinned and fired, a rain of ki blasts hurtling down towards Gohan like meteors.

Gohan retaliated and using the last of his energy fired a Kamehameha towards the androids, fighting back against his nearing demise.

Yet it was futile, as the barraged overwhelmed him regardless of how much he poured into his attack.

Gohan knew, it was the end for him.

"Im so sorry Mom....Im not coming back home in the end after all...but I guess I get to see Dad again hehe" A wry smile on his face as a single tear drop falls down his cheek.

As the yellow light grew even more intense and closer towards him, he thought back to a lavender haired teen, the son of Vegeta and the boy he saw as his own brother.

"Trunks...You are now humanity's last hope ...Do what none of us could...and end this menace once and for all..."

As the sky erupted in burning yellow, the last thing that could be here was the scream of angony.

In the same hopeless vein as his Grandfather...Gohan's attempts to stop the androids were destroyed, and his own life with it...

This is the story of Future Gohan as we know it, and we all know how this timeline continues.
but let me tell you a tale where the Son of Goku still had one final test to complete. A final test that comes much later, but still determines the future of the world he swore to protect.