The Carnival

I watch a yellow balloon fly across the sky, gracefully moving in sync with the light summer breeze. It seems to be going farther every minute passes by.I continue to follow its path with my eyes.
"One strawberry smoothie for the lovely lady," Austin jokes. He hands me a glass that contains a pink liquid. "What are you thinking?"
"Austin, isn't there a carnival in town this week? Can we go," I ask.
"The carnival? What gave you that idea?"
"That balloon over there." I point to the building which is almost out of sight now. "Please? We don't have any plans this afternoon."
"I never said no." He smiles. "Let's go after we finish the smoothies." When we're finished, I get up from my seat on the porch. I walk to our BMW in the driveway and get in the passenger seat.
The carnival is a 30-minute drive from our house. We drive past a farm and I smile when I see the cows and the horses wandering around the grassy field. I have always liked animals. Austin laughed, clearly entertained by my excitement.
When we get to the carnival, I felt like a kid again. I jump around and play the games. I ride the rides and I buy cotton candy to share with Austin who laughs while he watches me, amused by my childish side.
"Lindsay, aren't you tired yet," Austin asks. "We should head home, it's getting late."
"Yeah, a little," I reply. I look at my watch and realize that hours have passed by. The sun is now starting to set.
"Wait," I say as I spot a man selling balloons. "I have to do one more thing." Austin raises an eyebrow and I go up to the man and buy balloons in many different colours. I take Austin's hand and bring him to the field behind the parking lot.
"Make a wish, it might come true," I whisper. I close my eyes and make a wish. When I open my eyes I see Austin's brown eyes looking down at me. I run a few meters, let go of the balloons and watch them fly away. Austin and I walk back to the car, hand in hand. "Thanks for today. I haven't had so much fun in a long time!"
"Anytime, love. Can I ask you something; what did you wish for?"
"Let's just say it already came true."