Transport

The sound of gunshots going off is always a sign that a battle is taking place. And hearing gunshots in the Vault of Glass isn't an uncommon thing to hear. The vault itself, is a mesmerizing yet dangerous place. Filled with puzzles and enemies that can wipe you off the face of the earth if you aren't careful enough. Currently, a fireteam of six guardians are going up against the Atheon. A dangerous entity that resides within the Vault of Glass. As the heat of the battle continued to flare up, more enemies started to appear in order to assist the Atheon.

"Don't let them have the advantage over us! Keep firing all you've got!" said a Warlock whilst firing a blast from a Linear Fusion Rifle straight into the Atheon's torso.

The fireteam which consists of 2 Titans, 3 Warlocks and 1 Hunter continued their suppressing assault. The Atheon showed clear signs of damage. It's torso was scorched by Solar weapons. There was also traces of Arc energy that surrounded it's open torso. The Hunter fired a single Shadowshot into the torso which tethered and weakened the giant Vex entity. The fireteam was nearly successful, all they had to do was continue their onslaught.

"That should weaken it, good thinking of using Shadowshot on it Kaine." said the other Warlock.

The Hunter, which is revealed to be Kaine in return nodded to his comrade. Suddenly, a bright light engulfed the Vault of Glass which blinded the guardians. Kaine covered his eyes with his forearms so he wouldn't be permanently blind. The light died down as Kaine slowly opened his eyes only to reveal that he was no longer in the Vault of Glass. He was in a open desert. His first thought was "Did I get transported to Mars?". His Ghost appeared out of thin air as it analyzed their surroundings.

"Well, we are certainly not on Mars. That's what I can confirm." said the Ghost. Kaine pondered as to where he could be at the moment. Maybe he was somewhere in the Cosmodrome. "Lynx, are somewhere in the Cosmodrome?" asked Kaine. The Ghost named Lynx, floated around for a brief moment before hacking into the satellite and scanning the area that they are in. It was then he discovered that they aren't in the Cosmodrome. In fact, the Cosmodrome didn't exist in the databanks of the satellite. Turning around and facing his partner, the Ghost started explaining.

"No, there are no results related to the Cosmodrome located within the databanks of the satellite. Which means that we have either travelled back in time before the Collapse or we somehow got transported to another dimension." Lynx exclaimed. Kaine's eyes widened as he looked around and found nothing but sand in his vision. "I did however found a city close by which is called 'Night City'. The connection seems stronger there. We should go and have a look around if we want to search for answers. Start our investigation there, y'know." said Lynx.

Kained nodded his head. "Do I still have my sparrow on me?" questioned the Hunter to his floating companion. "We do, but I suggest using Always On Time. That way, we can get there quicker." said Lynx to Kaine. He transmatted the sparrow in front of Kaine. It's aerodynamic and sleek design is what caught Kaine's eye.

 It's aerodynamic and sleek design is what caught Kaine's eye

Kaine always wondered how this sparrow was any much faster than the other sparrows. He raced his fellow guardians once using his other sparrow, the Galvanic Fork but still was managed to be outraced by guardians using Always On Time. So he decided to also own Always On Time by clearing old Raid spots. He eventually got enough Spoils of Conquest in order to obtain his dream sparrow.

Back to the present, Kaine hop onto his sparrow and immediately boosted off towards Night City. What adventure waits for him? He does not know. But what he does know is that it wont be an easy one. His story has only just begun.

(A/n): Hey, Lich here. So I just wanna say that I'm sorry for leaving the Destiny male reader x Arcane book after I announced my return to writing fanfics. During that time, Arcane was hyped for me but it quickly died because I was lazy as hell. But after finishing Cyberpunk: Edgerunners and almost finish watching the gameplay for Cyberpunk: 2077 it got me in that Cyberpunk hype now. I apologize again for ditching the Arcane story but I promise I will finish it...at some point. However, The Gundam fanfic I probably wont be adding more chapters because let's face it, RWBY is a long-ass series and I don't want to risk my sanity typing away at something that is not in my interest. Though, I will come back to it and post a new chapter eventually.

Now, the pairings in this story is going to be Kaine x Sasha Yakovleva. Reason being is that I feel like killing off a character you don't even know that is related to the series is kinda unfair and kinda a dick move but also I love her design. If you don't know who she is, this is a picture of her.

Or you can find her using this link which leads to Cyberpunk: Edgerunners ending theme

vvvvvvvv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnnbP7pCIvQ

Anyways, I'll try and get my lazy ass to write the next chapter by tomorrow since I'm not getting into the Edgerunner shit yet. Next few chapters is gonna be a prologue of the prologue which is pretty weird. So, ciao!