chapter 4

Chapter four

The reception continued smoothly and now they were in the middle of the dancing. 
Aizawa felt out of place, in the midst of that noise and all the people, and Ahmya wasn't exactly comfortable either, but she was trying to resist as much as she could, especially for Granny, who was literally going wild after drinking a few glasses of champagne too much.

''So ... when are you going to tell her how you feel?"

The sparkling wine nearly went sideways to Shota.
Shota turned to Granny 'She knows how to put people at ease' he thought.
He turned to Ahmya who was now up and dancing with the bride, while drinking what was yet another glass of sparkling wine.

"So? I'm waiting for an answer." Granny was eating a piece of breadstick and staring at Shota with interest.

He let out another sigh. "Honestly, I'm just waiting for the right moment, which is awfully difficult." 

"Oh, you don't have to be that sophisticated, she's not the kind of girl who wants blatant statements ... but I think you know that. She just needs someone who is always close to her and doesn't fear her quirk and doesn't take advantage, or try to change it."

"Believe me that's the last thing I thought of. I've known her for years now, I've been one of her teachers, then her mentor and now her partner, and I've seen her almost grow up as well as become who she is now."

"Oh, I know very well, and you too. It won't be the best to express your feelings and to open up to others, or to bond with someone, however, just from the fact that you are here, young man, says a lot about the her relationship with you, about what she thinks of you. I won't say more because it's a topic she has to address with you." She said with a wink.

Ahmya had literally been dragged by Emi and her bridesmaids to dance and she felt damn out of place. The only good thing was the drinking, which made everything more tolerable. She had managed to avoid her mother and father for the rest of the ceremony, as well as her ex Fumi.

She certainly didn't remember when it was the last time she drank so much (mind you, she wasn't that drunk, she was just a little bit tipsy), but he was helping her cope with it and frankly, she hoped it would help her confess to Shota.

"Can we talk?"

He turned as soon as he recognized the voice. Obviously he had approached her as soon as Emi had left to go and take a couple of pictures with the other guests.

"Fumiko, even though I seem remotely more tolerable and less aggressive to you, I don't want to talk or even start a conversation with you."

The blond haired guy looked at her teasingly and downed another glass of champagne.

"I'm not asking you to come back to me, just to speak civilly."

"And I told you, all too civilly, that I didn't intend to." Some shadows were starting to cover her torso and hands protectively.

It was not the first time that she had found herself in a similar situation, and, although officially their break was mutual (officially for both families), in reality, it was Fumiko who pushed her and raised her hands against her, and, although in terms of quirk she is more experienced and more easily able to defend herself, she was afraid and she was no longer willing to deal with such an element.

Shota was really hoping not to have to use his quirk these days. He had even left his scarf / capture weapon in the room to be more formal, yet his prayers certainly weren't exhausted.

He had kept an eye on Mya's ex-boyfriend from the beginning of the ceremony, his instincts did not make him feel comfortable and in part it was also due to professional deformation. she imagined that he would approach her as soon as Emi was allotanata so she expected it. He was also pretty calm not to interfere, as Mya was more than capable of getting by on her own, but she didn't want regrets she preferred to act rather than stay on the sidelines (another professional bias).

"I think she told you to leave her in peace." Ahmya turned to him with a serious face.

The blond looked at him contemptuously and laughed.

"Do you think you scare me?" he started to activate his quirk, something like manipulating water in all its forms, Mya didn't remember exactly, trying to attack him only it didn't work.

Ahmya looked at Aizawa with a hint of concern: she had already seen him angry, angry, but not so furious. He was calm but from his eyes, injected with the color of blood for the activation of the quirk, you could see how the anger escaped.

"Shota, that's not the case - she put her hand on his arm, as if to calm him, even though she was in turmoil in her guts (she didn't know if it was from the adrenaline, or from her colleague, or from the wine). - better go ... it's late. "

The air outside was much better than in the tent.
The air was warm and the arcades near the cherry trees were illuminated by little lights. Ahmya remembered how they had come to have, at first her hands intertwined, and then Shota's jacket on her shoulders along with her arm, but she felt healthy and like she was at home

"You shouldn't have intervened, I was managing by myself, you know?"

"I know perfectly well, but I didn't seem to have the best of intentions, and you know that too."

"He wouldn't have done anything I couldn't handle. I've been through it once before and it didn't end well for him."

Aizawa's face darkened realizing his words. "Has he already put his hands on you?"

"He tried but let's just say I was able to stop him. His pride was badly scratched and it was the reason why I dumped him and why he was terrified of me ... although, frankly speaking, I think it had all been a farce for my parents. " Mya said bitterly.

Aizawa's fist clenched at his words: he didn't know when it happened, but it must have been after graduation

"It was during the first period of your post graduate tutoring if you were wondering. That day I couldn't sleep anything before the shift and I think I noticed how exhausted I was, but I had to look for a new place to live, luckily that day. your neighbor had moved just in those days. "

Aizawa remembered those days perfectly. he had even offered to help, along with Yamada and Kayama for the move, and it was the first night she'd gone out with them for a drink.

"Anyway don't worry, it's not worth the trouble to think about it again." Mya said smiling.

Shota Aizawa didn't know how or why, but, in her heart, she knew that now was the time to take her step and gently placed her lips on Mya's.

She quickly broke away and kissed him back by placing a hand on his cheek where a thin line of beard had been growing since this morning. They were soft although slightly cracked from most of the weather outside. His scent of oak and bergamot tickled her nose and invited her to deepen the kiss with a tip of her tongue.

He moved one hand to her hips to draw her closer and the other behind her neck. When the tip of his tongue tickled his lips, he moaned slightly and returned the kiss making Ahmya moan. He smiled in the kiss and continued to kiss and caress her gently, intertwining every now and then with the shadows that had kept him closer unconsciously.

Neither of them wanted that moment to ever end.