Chapter 10 - Trapped in a Russian Underground Base

Quinn's POV
Two men walked in just as we shut the door.

They spoke in Russian and we couldn't understand them. I signaled for all of us to be quiet until the two men left the elevator with their cargo.

As the elevator door began to close, Steve jumped down and used the vial of green liquid to stop the door from closing. We all climbed under the door quickly. The glass cracked and the green liquid began to burn a hole in the floor. I looked over at Erica.

"You still wanna drink that?" I asked. Erica shook her head.

"Holy..." Dustin said, barely getting words out. I turned around and found out why.

There was a long, never ending hallway in front of us.

"I hope you guys are all in good shape. I'm looking at you roast beef," Steve said, looking over at Dustin.

"What do you mean?! I'm in good shape," Dustin argued in annoyance. Steve nodded. "Ok, you have to admit that as a feat of engineering alone, this is impressive."

"What're you talking about? It's a total fire hazard. There's no stairs, no exit. There's just an elevator that drops you halfway to hell," Steve explained. I shrugged.

"I don't think they had that in mind when they built this. All they care about is keeping this place a secret. They also didn't really design these tunnels for walking," I explained. Steve nodded.

"That's true,"

"Yeah, I mean think about it. They developed the perfect system for transporting cargo. It all comes down to the mall, just like any old delivery and then they load it up on those trucks, and nobody's the wiser." Robin said. Steve frowned.

"Do you think they built this whole mall just to transport that green poison?" He asked. Dustin rolled his eyes.

"I very seriously doubt it's something as boring as poison," Dustin argued. "It's gotta be more valuable, like promethium or something,"

"What the heck is promethium?" Steve questioned, his brows furrowed.

"It's what Victor Stone's dad used to make Cyborg's bionic and cybernetic components," Robin began to explain.

"You're all so nerdy, it makes me physically ill." Erica muttered, rolling her eyes.

"No, no, no. Don't lump me in with them. I'm not a nerd, alright?" Steve said.

"Why are you so sensitive? Afraid you'll lose cool points to a ten year old?" I asked with a smirk. Steve shook his head.

"No,"

After walking for maybe an hour or two, we came across where all the Russians were. We hid behind a pole with Steve in front and peeked around the corner to see everything.

"Look! There's the radio room!" Erica said, pointing up towards a room in the center of it all with steps leading up to it.

"How do you know that that's the radio room?" Steve asked with a frown.

"Someone opened the door and I saw a bunch of buttons and controls. And a radio," the ten year old replied. I nodded.

"That has to be it then. Let's go," I whispered. Steve nodded and grabbed my arm as we sprinted as fast as we could up to the room, making sure not to be seen.

When we got inside, there was a Russian standing there. He stood up and pulled out a gun. With quick thinking, Robin began to say the only Russian words she knew. The code words we had heard on the radio.

The Russian got confused and Steve attacked him. He knocked the gun out the Russian's hands and knocked him out.

"Wow Steve! You won a fight!" I shouted excitedly. Steve frowned.