CHAPTER NINE: Opposites Attract

I fell to the ground, unable to feel any part of my damn body. I looked up to see my dad stand above me.

Dad: ELLIE. HOW CAN YOU BE MY DAUGHTER, AND BE THIS WEAK? TRY HARDER AND GET THE FUCK UP.
Me: ...this has been going on for hours though..

Dad: DOES IT LOOK LIKE I GIVE A SHIT? WE'LL KEEP TRAINING TIL YOU MASTER THIS- DISTURBING QUIRK. NOW GET UP.

Me: ...I don't need to be told to get up. I know how to get up.

Dad: WELL, YOU CLEARLY DON'T. PROVE IT.

I got up with all the strength I could. I stood up with shaking legs and a sore stomach.

Dad: IM WAITING.

My dad wasn't the real reason I was constantly getting up after a punch. It's just who I am. Even when I'm on death's door, I will never let them fucking win. I always get up.

Me: I didn't tell you to wait.

Dad: THEN COME AT ME.

I threw a hard punch at him but he shoved me down, again.

Dad: YOU ARE SO WEAK. GET THE FUCK UP.

I got up. Over and over again. So many times I felt the need to pass out, but I put it on hold. My instinct will always be to get up.  It's the type of hero I wanted to be.

Dad: GET UP. GET UP!!!!!!

I rubbed my eyes and checked the time. 7:00am.

The only thing that lets me give my parents some slack is the fact they are dead. Never really mourned them. Im not the type to deal with my emotions and damage. They passed a month before I decided to go to UA.

They were killed in my home. Apparently they were working with some pretty bad guys, the worst one was AFO. I never knew that name until I had to fight him from taking my parents. He got away with it. But that day, I fucked up. More then usual. I got out of control, created a hex, and copied his quirk into mine. I'll never understand why it happened, but it did.

No one knows about it, besides Aizawa and All Might. Im supposed to train with all might today, after school. It's probably more of a check in but whatever.

After school I walked down to the fields and waited. He's always late to fucking everything. At least I'll actually be able to go home today. Aizawa just got back, but the training is gonna be horrible. The sports festival will definitely kick all our asses.

I saw All might walked down with Midoriya. The hell is he doing here? He can't know??

Me: ..hey?
Midoriya: Hey! All Might just told me to come along so...
All Might: Young ellie, there is something you must know.
Me: what's up?
All Might: ...Midoriya here, has inherited my quirk, one for all.
Midoriya: AAA ALL MIGHT-
Me: THATS FUCKING POSSIBLE? WAIT ARE YOU TWO RELATED?

All Might: No. I gave it to him.
Me: ..how.
All Might: He had a piece of my hair.
Me: ...the fuck?
Midoriya: HAHAHAH- ALL MIGHT, I DIDN'T KNOW WE WERE TELLING HER..
All Might: I didn't want to frighten you. But I have something to tell you as well.

Midoriya: ..yeah?
All Might: She copied AFO's quirks.
Me: WHAT-
Midoriya: WH- WH-
All Might: It was an accident. Her quirk got out to control, and unlocked a hidden quirk. Well... we don't know what exactly it is yet.
Me: ..yup. But I don't know how the hell to unlock it.

Midoriya: So.. AFO just didn't loose his quirk at all? Just copied?
All Might: From my understanding, she has some of his quirks, but it's now.. her own? They aren't trained like AFO's, so she has to strengthen them. Just like you with my quirks.
Midoriya: ...I understand sir.
Me: Yeah I'm not his daughter or some shit, it was all just.. an accident. I have to start from scratch with these quirks, I'm not even sure if I copied all of them.

Then All Might put his hands on Midoriya and I's shoulders.

All Might: I trust you both, and you should feel the same about each other. These are dangerous secrets.
Me: ...right.
Midoriya: You can trust me!
All Might: Good! Now go home, get to know each other. We can all train tomorrow!
Me: Tomorrow then.
Midoriya: BYE ALL MIGHT!

Midoriya and I slowly walked away.

Midoriya: I know I'm destined to fight AFO.. so what was it like?
Me: ...hm.
Me: ...it was fine. Just got out of hand fast.

Midoriya: He seems so powerful! I just can't believe you faced him like that.
Me: I didn't have a chose really, it was crappy. But yknow, it happened.
Midoriya: ...well, I'm just glad I have someone I can relate to! Our quirks aren't too different now.
Me: Not my quirk. His, you mean?
Midoriya: They are yours now though!

Me: ...I guess so. I'm trying to take advantage of it, but it's pissing me the hell off.
Midoriya: You'll get it eventually! All Might and I can help!
Me: I don't need help with this crap-
Midoriya: Then we can.. both learn.
Me: ...whatever, sure.

Me: but when the time comes, when we face him... I'll be fucking ready.