CHAPTER FIFTEEN: 1v1

After we took the win, we all had an hour lunch break. Nice I guess.

I was walking down the hallway until I saw Bakugo leaning against the wall. What a loser.

Me: The fuck-
Bakugo: SHHH.

He pushed me against the wall and mouthed me to shut up. I stood there for a second until I heard Todoroki and Midoriya talking. Something about Midoriya being All Might's love child. Half of it was just Todoroki threatening him. Then quirk marriages. My jaw slowly dropped hearing more and more of the conversation. 

...damn todoroki, you've seen some shit.

I heard them both slowly walk away.

Bakugo didn't say a word. He just walked away. It was better that way. It wasn't really.. something to fucking talk about. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I would using someone's trauma as a way to gossip. I promised myself I wouldn't say anything about what I heard.

Funny as shit though, how Todoroki has no clue that Midoriya inherited All Might's quirk.

I walked down the hall and headed towards lunch. I ate with Sero and Mina. After overhearing that conversation.. I couldn't help but feel like a shitty person. That wasn't going to stop me from winning obviously, what I heard was just.. unexpected is all.

One thing I couldn't stop thinking about; Aizawa. He's always-

Mina: El? You okay?
Me: Yup. Just thinking. 
Sero: I get it. A lot to take in.
Me: Yeah yeah, whatever.

As I was saying... he's always underestimating me. It's not like I want him to shit himself whenever I come into a room, but some encouragement wouldn't be bad. Sometimes I feel like he hides from me. Purposely tries to avoid me because he doesn't want to talk to me. It's almost like I remind him of something, I don't know what though. Not even that could ruin my fucking ego, only makes me conflicted. Whatever, I don't even care anymore.

The series of one-on-one battles quickly begun after that. The first round was Midoriya and Shinsou. Midoriya ended up winning, but the fight was pretty entertaining. Bait tactic was mostly used during that fight.

I was sitting in between Katsuki and Denki. We were all watching Sero and Todoroki go at it next.  Todoroki fucking went off. He froze Sero, and almost got his pounds of ice on our classmates. I couldn't even see the fight, because his stupid ass ice was blocking the view. All the other matches went on, including mine. I beat everyone I was against. So the finals ended up being Bakugo and I.

I stood a few feet in front of Bakugo, waiting for the call. We both stared each other down.

NOW, START!!!

I used my quirk to throw force fields at him, but they both kept colliding. We both ran towards each other with both our quirks in our hands. We were practically tackling each other mid air while blasting each other over and over again. I grabbed his neck and gathered enough strength to throw him into the ground. He got up pretty fast and kept on fighting me. Our quirks were getting pretty out of hand. He grabbed my arm and blew me into the fucking ground. I managed a somewhat good landing, but not enough to stop the pain. We just kept going and going.

Then we both landed far away from each other. I was gonna use everything I fucking had. I think he had the same idea. We both ran towards each other and I thought something blocked my fucking hit, but a huge explosion happened right before my eyes. I crashed onto the ground, and eventually got up. He also got up.

We were both so fucking tired and worn out. It was obvious. We were just throwing punches and using our quirks. Then we began tackling each other. I used all my strength to create another force field in my hand, and I saw something spark in his hand. All of a sudden, both of my hands were preparing themselves.

We began tackling again, with our quirks colliding. Huge fucking explosions left and right. I could tell our quirks were building some fucking explosion. My hands were intertwined with his. I was fighting my ass off, trying to push him off. Our heads were inches away from each other. I didn't even notice because I was so fucking mad. We both looked at each other.

Bakugo: I'm gonna.. fucking beat you
Me: No fucking chance.

We both pushed harder. Our quirks were really out of control.

Me: YOU CAN'T WIN AGAINST ME
Bakugo: TSK. BULLSHIT.

At the same time, we let go and both went for a fucking blast. The whole stadium was covered in dust from the impact. Bakugo and I flew.

I couldn't fucking get up. I was able to get on my knees.

ELLIE IS OUR WINNER!! BAKUGO IS OUT OF BALANCE!!

I fell on my back. Holy shit.

Next thing you know, I'm receiving my award while Bakugo is loosing his shit next to me. It was all unreal to me, honestly.

I looked over at Aizawa from the booth. He looked away.