True Heart's Destiny: Rebel Cause

A/N: Okay, we are all caught up to AO3 now! You can expect updates every Friday, but probably later than the AO3 ones because I'm lazy XD Enjoy!

"This is going to be fun," Kitty said, swapping out the shampoo bottles with troll's tears at the Tower Hair Salon. As always, she was getting into trouble when she really couldn't. But as she had no physical form in the story, there was no way for the very indignant narrator to stop her.

"Stop trying to ruin our fun," Kitty shouted to no one in particular. Of course, all the characters present knew who she was talking to. In the salon, there was only herself and Madeline Hatter, who could also hear the narrator. Poppy O'Hair was out on an errand, needing to buy more scissors after she had broken her best pair trying to cut her sister's hair. A sister who was on her way here now.

"Does Holly have another appointment?" Maddie asked. "We shouldn't mess up her hair, that would be taking the joke too far."

"Relax," Kitty said. "I already checked the appointment logs. Holly doesn't have an appointment until tonight, and Poppy will certainly notice that her shampoo had been exchanged for troll tears. No, the next appointment is for Ashlynn."

Little did they know that Ashlynn had canceled her appointment due to unforeseen circumstances.

"What?" Kitty squawked. "That's so unfairest! When did that happen?"

"Were you narrating without us again?" Maddie asked, crossing her arms.

Yes, and it's hardly my fault you weren't in the forest for that part of the story.

"Well what happened?" Maddie asked. "Did something bad happen to Ashlynn?"

I can't tell you. That part of the story isn't for you to know.

"Whatever after," Kitty said. She pulled out the sheet that Poppy kept under her desk to check who had an appointment after Ashlynn. "The next person on the list is Duchess. Oh, this is going to be funny!"

"Isn't Duchess your friend, Kitty?" Maddie asked.

"Exactly. She can appreciate a good joke."

"I don't know how true that is."

"Shhh!" Kitty said as the bell ringed and Poppy O'Hair walked in. "Go hide!"

Poppy walked into her shop, depositing her new products on her shelf. She had bought some new shampoo, but she planned on using the rest of what she had before opening the bottle. Of course, she would be opening that bottle sooner than expected. Kitty giggled maniacally while pushing Maddie into a cupboard. Duchess was going to freak out, and it would be hilarious.

"Now what?" Maddie asked.

"Now we wait," Kitty said. "The key to any good joke: timing."

...

Cupid had been searching, but there was no sign of Blondie. She hadn't received any text from Holly either. And this is where her real predicament came in: she was standing in front of Dexter Charming.

"Are you alright Cupid?" He asked, just like the considerate boy he was. "You look a little flushed."

"I'm fine!" She exclaimed, a little too quickly. "Just looking for Blondie. Like, I desperately need to find her. You wouldn't happen to be working on a new show with her?"

"We wrapped up filming this morning," Dexter said. "It's not like Blondie to go missing, but she did mention she was pretty busy today. She might be doing some investigating for a new scoop, you know her."

Cupid laughed awkwardly. Now that she was in front of him, she felt she needed to say what she had planned on saying. But she hadn't asked for Blondie's advice yet. So instead, she imagined Blondie talking her through this.