Son of the Devil

Nico's POV

I watched from around the corner as Seth got angry at a freshman. He was glaring at the freshman who was on the floor, quickly gathering his things. He was clearly worried that he was about to get beaten to a pulp.

"Watch where you're fucking going," Seth said as the freshman stood up.

"S-sorry, I was in a hurry..."

The kid couldn't keep eye contact with Seth and I understood why. When Seth got angry he got... hot. Both ways but I mainly meant the room seemed to get warmer around him, his brown eyes seemed to turn a shade of red, and... it was almost like smoke started rolling off of him. It was very intimidating, from far away and especially close up.

Seth's eyes seemed to flare red, "Don't let it happen again."

I saw the freshman begin to shake and then Seth walked away. All the people that were watching were frozen for a few seconds before most went back to what they were doing. A few kids in my grade went over to the kid to warn him never to mess with Seth again.

Meanwhile, I was hiding behind the corner still... trying not to get too... um... excited.

Seth was hot. I had always been attracted to him. For his looks, but also I wanted to see what he was like when he was happy and laughing-- I wanted to see his smile.

I was also curious about why those things happened when he got angry... I had gone to school with Seth since middle school. And he had only gotten more intimidating as he got older. When he hit puberty he went from 5'5 to 6'5 in almost no time, and his shoulders broadened. He got a new haircut that complimented his features and made him fucking hot. And his voice dropped so many octaves. He had also gotten more intimidating when he got angry. Before just his eyes would turn slightly red. It was scary yet amazing to see his transformation. Seth had black hair, tan skin, brown eyes, and he was 6'5 as I mentioned. He was muscular, handsome, hot, and literally any other synonyms. And he only hung with a very specific group of people-- but not that often.

While Seth was getting hit by the truck labeled puberty. My transformation was less impressive. I was 5'5 and I grew to 5'8, I had brown hair and gray eyes. I was skinny and kind of toned but definitely not muscular, and I liked to say I was good-looking. I had a small group of friends who did not know how much I liked Seth.

As attracted as I wam to Seth though... I knew I shouldn't approach him. I knew I shouldn't try to talk to him to make him laugh or see his smile. Or maybe even to get to see how soft his hair was. There were many reasons why but I wished I didn't have to listen to them. 1) One time some people caught me staring at him. They gave me a huge lecture on why I definitely should not do that, nor should I ever think of approaching him. I didn't tell my friends about that lecture but they did catch me looking at him a few times. 2) My brain told me it was stupid to want to approach him. Because as soon as I started to annoy him in the slightest he would beat me to a pulp. Probably. At the same time though... my heart told me to ignore everything everyone else was telling me and try to approach him.

"Nico!"

I jumped and turned around, clutching my heart, "Jeez, Riley you almost gave me a heart attack!"

She giggled, "Oops. Who were you spying on?"

She went to look around the corner but I blocked her, "No one. So why did you try to scare the living daylights out of me?"

She rolled her eyes, "You're too dramatic. It's because we couldn't find you anywhere! So I got excited when I found you."

"Sorry, I got lost in my thoughts."