Chapter XII

Irene's POV

She kissed me?! We're kissing? What?! It's like I came back to my senses when I felt her deepen the kiss. I pushed her to make a distance between us. I look at her, she also seemed shock of what she did. No, no, no, no, no. FUCK!

"I'm so--" I got up almost immediately, not letting her finish. I don't know but I don't want her to apologize. I don't want her to regret what she just did. Not gonna lie, I want to believe that she did that with all willingness. I look at her. She got up and went closer to me.

"Seulgi, don't!" I shake my head.

"Unnie, I'm s--"

"Seulgi, please." I plead. She wasn't even aware that she did that! For fuck's sake! "This was a bad idea. I should leave." I said and walk my way to the door.

"You're not going to at least hear me out?" she said that made me stop. "Hear what I have to say? Know why I did that?"

"You don't have to say it, I already know." I said and reach for the doorknob. I paused when I heard her scoff. That made me face her, confused.

"You know me that well, huh?" She said, sarcastically. "You know me so well that I don't even need to explain myself anymore." I look at her in disbelief. She's really being sarcastic now.

"You want me to hear you out?" I asked firmly. "Fine! tell me! Why did you kiss me, Seulgi!? Tell me how sorry you are for doing that! Tell me that it was a mistake! That, that shouldn't have happened!" I burst it all out of frustration.

"You really think I would say those things to you?" she asked me, weakly, this time. What are you really thinking, Seulgi?

"What do you expect me to think, Seulgi? That you actually meant that?! That you kissed me because you like me too? Come on, Seul! We kno--"

"What if that's actually the case here?" That made me froze.

"W-what?" My heart is beating loud.

"What if I do like you, Unnie?" She walk closer to me. What if...

"I wish. I wish you actually do." I said, crying already. "Please, don't give me hope. The pain I'm feeling is enough already, Seulgi." She's already in front of me. I place a hand on her shoulder looking up to her. "If you're just saying this to fix our relationship, please..."

"But I'm not. I do like you, unnie."

"Seulgi" I warned her.

"No, I'm in love with you."

"Are you really going to force yourself, to keep me!?" I asked in disbelief.

"Is it really that impossible to believe that I love you?" She looks hurt now. I shake my head.

"Because you don't. If you really love me that way, you wouldn't have made me feel so wrong for loving you." I told her.

"That's why I apologized for that. That was my mistake." She cupped my face and made me look up to her. I closed my eyes as I felt her wipe my tears away. "I'm sorry I didn't realize this sooner. I'm sorry, you had to get hurt."  I felt my her forehead being pressed on mine. "I do love you and I want you to believe me."

With that I decided to act on what I really feel. I grabbed the collar of her pj's, and pull her even closer to kiss her. I wish she wont regret this.

Not long later we heard a knock on the door, we both let go of each other.

"Unnie, you guys okay?" They must've heard the shouts. Seulgi look at me before she went to the door to open it.

"We're ok--"

"You're not!" Next thing I know Yeji is already in front of me. "Really?!" She face her sister. "For how many times would you make her cry, huh!?" She asked in disbelief. Yeji embraced me as she's still glaring at Seulgi.

"You--"she cut off Seulgi

"What did you say to her again!? For God's sake! When are you gonna stop hurting her? You said you're going to tell her alre--"

"Bub!" I heard Karina's voice from behind. "You didn't even understand what they were arguing about." She said pulling Yeji from me. She look at Seulgi and I with an apologetic look. "I'm so sorry for disturbing you unnie." She bowed before dragging Yeji out of the room. I can hear them arguing, this time.

"Yeji seem to get some of the your attributes." Seulgi said that made me face her. She walk closer to me and when she's already that close she whispered... "You always have something to say just to prove your thoughts, even though it's already wrong." What the?! Is she insulting me? "Are you insulted?" Wait! Did I say that out loud? "I guess you are." or not.

She held both my hands that made me look at them, before looking up to her.

"This time, will you hear me out?" She look at me with plead. I just nodded as a response. She then guide me back to the bed. I thought she's---Oh!

She mad me sit at the edge of the bed and she sat on the floor, in front of me. She squeeze my hands and look up to me.

"I love you." She randomly said.She then chuckle. "I love you and I just realized it, I'm sorry."

Hearing the sincerety in her voice makes me want to cry, again. I never thought this would happen. I thought it was a hopeless case. Just a the thought of Seulgi liking me more than a friend never cross my mind. She had always been vocal about what she feels about things, and things like this never really came up.

If she just realized this now, how did she even came up with the thought that she's in love with me? I don't want to take this in a wrong way but I still have doubts. What if she was just overwhelmed by my confession? Or she was just pressured? I don't know anymore.