Chapter XIV

Seulgi's POV

"I'm not." She just so focus on her food.

"Do you still not believe that I love you!?" I'm raising my voice now, facing her direction.

"I do, Seulgi. I do believe you." I saw how she closed her eyes and starts to massage her temple.

"but what now?"

"You know I'm going to New York next year. It's not going to work out." she said. That just made my blood boil.

"You're the one who confessed first!" I shouted.

"I know and I'm sorry. I did not expect you to li--" she spoke as she hides her face with her palms

"To love you too?! What the fuck, unnie!? You can't just confess and then ignore what I feel about it!" right now, I'm ignoring the fact that we're not the only one in the room. I just don't get her! "And what are you? Some sort of fortune-teller?! How can you tell that it's not going to work out?!" This time she look at me.

"I'm not doing this for myself, Seulgi. It's better if we just stay the way we were." she said.

"No! You said, you're in love with me!"

"I am bu--"

"Then let me see it! Let me feel it!" I reach for her hands. "I'm not going to let you do this."

"Seul, I will leave you." she look up to me, like she's making me understand her point. "It'll be harder for us, when the time comes, if we go on with this."

"Didn't you tell her, unnie?" Yeji suddenly spoke that made us look at her. That's when I remember what she knows.

"Tell me what?" unnie asked her. I shake my head signalling her not to tell her.

"She was pla--"

"Yeji!" I stand up.

"This is the only way to save your relationship unnie!" she frustratedly said.

"No."

"Do you really want to break off what you have just because Irene unnie, worries about a situation that could never even happen?"

"What do you mean, Yeji?"

"Unn--"

"I'm not talking to you, Seulgi!" she raised her voice at me.

Irene's POV

What Yeji just said picked up my attention. That's why I couldn't stop my curiousity anymore.

"She's following you to New York." what?! That made me face the bear that's already looking down. Maybe afraid that I might scold her for it.

"Seulgi."

"I'm sorry. With just a thought of being away from you is killing me already." She said still looking down.

"This is absurd! Seulgi, you have a life here! Do your parents even know about this?!"

"They know, unnie. Actually, they already signed her pa--"

"Shut up, Yeji!" It was my first time hearing Seulgi raise her voice at her sister, out of anger?

"You can't just leave your life here, just because--"

"I left everything I got used to, before, because of the same reason. What makes it different now?" She look at me in the eye when she said that.

"What do you mean?" It's not what I'm thinking, isn't it?

"Tell her." Yeji spoke when Seulgi was not answering. "Tell her how you decline offers from Colleges that specializes art, just because you wanted to go to the University where Irene unnie is in." Come to think about it, I was wondering that too. "How you begged Mom and Dad to let you do whatever you want." huh?