Chapter 1 - Under the Lights

He flew to their seats from the stage, too quick for any humans to see. Frank had gotten a glimpse of the deathly trio during the band's set. Under the bright house lights, they were easy to pick out.

"You weren't supposed to be here," Frank hissed.

"And miss the show? Never." Angelique smiled back. She reclined back in the red leather seat. "You came to me either way," she slid her finger under Frank's chin.

"Sitting with the humans too," Addison poked.

"They-dies, this matter only concerns Angelique," Frank dead panned.

"Fine we'll see you at the after party," Chole and Addison snapped their fingers in unison and vanished.

"So, what wasn't I supposed to see?" Angelique cooed to Frank. "How sad you've gotten?"

Frank was taken a back, and looked at the floor.

Angelique reached out and turned his face towards her. "You've been feeding off the dead,"

Frank wouldn't meet her gaze.

"You think you can just graze in morgues forever. Look at what it's done to you."

"I can't do it anymore, Angelique. I'm not the man I used to be," Frank's voice was small. He stared at his vans. "This whole reunion, I just-" Frank's voice trailed off.

They sat in silence, unseen by the dawdling crowd exiting the arena around them.

"When was the last time you fed?" Angelique asked.

"This morning-"

"Not from some frozen bag. When was the last time you had a fan?"

"No, I won't do it. I've sworn off drinking from fans," Frank stood ready to leave. His body ached from the quick movement. It was true the blood from the dead congealed in his veins slowing him down, slowing what was left of his body's systems. He'd become bloated and irritable. The years off from the band, he'd been lost, despite taking a human wife and kids, and trying to hide away his vampire side. He'd switched to blood from blood banks, even trying synthetic blood. It all worked for a while, until it didn't. When G had phoned him after what had felt like an irreconcilable silence to ask him to come back and play and then eventually to tour. Frank couldn't say no, not to G. Even after their hard past. "I have to show face in the ballrooms," Frank muttered, desperate to exit this conversation with Angelique.

"I'll come with you,"

-

Leaning against the large window of the stately ballroom, Frank watched the last groups of people filter out the arena doors. Outside he could see groups loitering about, waiting for their ride-shares.

G and the others were mingling with the big wigs. Frank didn't have the energy to put on an executive smile, he hadn't had the energy since before they broke up. G flashed him a smile from across the room. The light caught his fangs, Frank gulped. The memory of them sharing a fan and drinking their blood raced through Frank's mind.

He pushed off the wall, and exited without talking to anybody. Frank walked through the back passageways until finally reaching the loading zone. He watched the crews move their set pieces and speakers into the semi. He steered clear and walked a distance to the outer edge of the area. Frank lit a cigarette.

"I thought you quit smoking," Angelique said joining him along the railing.

"Jesus," Frank startled.

"No, just me, but you'll be thanking me later,"

"Why?"

"In about 5 minutes she'll be here," Angelique smirked. "Whoops guess I spoiled the surprise,"