Peach Creek

𖥸 𖥸 𖥸

"Woah! Look at that!!"

You, a bundle of joy, had sat up a few inches from the car window, practically having your face smushed up against the glass as you gawked at the many sights.

You nor your sister had ever been to a subtle place like this. Most of you and your twin's lives had been seized in the big city, which only fed the paranoia of your parents.

Neither of the fraternal twins were too happy about the change. But you, being the more optimistic of the two, chose to take it a bit... well... better. You thought of all the possibilities that a small neighborhood would offer!

Sure, it wouldn't be constantly bustling like the loud city streets, but maybe it would be better that way!

Roofie on the other hand had drowned in her deep sorrows, bitterly writing on her breath that she had so aggressively left on the car window. She didn't like the change at all, and rather than try to live with it, she coated herself with a bitter exterior for the three months that led up to the big move.

She was popular at home, she had friends, more than her sister atleast. And, while it may have sounded selfish [and it was], she prided herself on that.

Her flimsy headphones blocked her from the world. From you. From her parents.

She didn't want to talk to them anyway. She trailed a glare to you, her mouth felt sour at your look of amazement.

"Did 'ya see it Roofs? It was like, a bionic kite or something!"

"...... A bionic kite." she deadpanned.

You rapidly nodded your head, and pressed your face further against the window, not catching Roofie's unamused look.

Suddenly, the car stopped, making you squeal with joy. Roofie turned up her music to drown out the acute sound.

But her anguish only grew when she realized the cause of her sister's unexpected elation.

They had arrived.

In Peach Creek.

Once the car stopped, the more contented female [you] rose to carry out the luggage. Whilst the angsty one grumbled at the sight of their new house.

Several suitcases had been set on top of eachother, but you only tugged on the one at the tip of the tower, which soon proved to be a much more difficult task than you previously expected.

The suitcase was almost fully tipped over the side, but it was evident that it wasn't going to come down in your favor. Rather, it would crush you under its weight.

"Roofs?"  You, now struggling, called to your twin. "Could you help me?"

No response.

"Roofs?"

Again, no response. The suitcase was already getting harder to keep steady.

You looked down only to see her sister's carseat empty.

"Oh"