Chapter 10

When we enter the living room we find only a few women sitting around having a few drinks

"Where is everyone else"

"Getting drunk like they always do when things get serious" charlotte laughs at the response before telling me to follow her.

"The living room is the more sophisticated hang out here, but when the guys want to let loose and have fun they go to the 'pub'.

We make our way to the back of the house and head down some stairs before reaching the so called pub.

Walking in to the room truly feels like walking into a real pub. There is a full bar to the side of the room, a series of tables and booths scattered around as well as two pool tables at the back of the room.

"The guys built this room as a sort of man cave. A way to let loose and have fun without worrying about any strangers hanging about it or enemies lurking around"

We head to the bar and get a couple of beers from the prospect who is acting as a bartender for the night, before heading over to a booth with two club members in it.

"Kelly, Heath, this is Annie, she is our newest bartender"

Both Kelly and Health give me a nod in greeting. We sit down and immediately the questions begin about me. Where I'm from, how old I am, why I moved here. Most of the questions I am able to give vague answers to before I manage to steer the conversation to the Club and the attack that just occurred.

"Do attacks like that happen often, because I didn't really expect that to be a work hazard at a bar"

"No that's not normal, we still don't really know why we were targeted or by who," Kelly answered me. He is wearing a cut that has sergeant at arms written on it so there is no mistaking his role in the club.

"Good to know. Is there somewhere I can go to smoke?"

"Yeah the door just there leads outside," Charlotte says before returning to her conversation with Heath.

I get up from my seat and head outside, desperate for a minute alone to think and take a break from being 'Annie'.

I'm not even half way through my cigarette before I am joined by someone else.