Epilogue

Ife, Bisi, Dozie and I had celebrated. They took me to my favorite restaurant, I had a great time. Looking back at this term made me believe that things change, people change. The pricipal practically came to me begging, publicly apologizing to all arts students, and commending me. I was also nominated to become senior prefect, and we were free to take up the subjects we want, as long as it doesn’t interfere with out core subjects.

After all my step aunts had left the house, Jane suggest that we go to see Aunt Shade. It’s not like I don’t want to see her, but I’m beginning to doubt her intentions, she left with Junior, and I was the only one home.
I decided to go to my parents’ room, where they stayed together. It was always locked, but this time it wasn’t. This meant my dad had be going there from time to time, and he wanted me to go there.

The room still looked the same, white walls, and grey beddings, my dad always liked monochrome colors, just like me. I walked over to the wardrobe, where all my mom’s clothes were. I started to percieve her scent, which made my eyes teary. So many memories started playing out in my head.

Her scented candles were about to cool don, which showed that my dad took care of them till the last day he died. Fixing them up, I couldn’t help but feel a pang of guilt. For a year, I hated my dad, not knowing he was going through alot too. He’s human, and people make mistakes.

To my surprise, I hit my toe on a rough surface. A small box was kept under the rug. It seemed weird, but I still decided to open the box. It was a piece of paper with my mom’s handwriting.

Dear Clara,
I hope your dad shows you this, because it’s important that you know about this. I told him the truth before my death, so don’t blame him for moving on. He married Shade because I asked her to, I didn’t want you to live your teenage years without a mother figure.

Baby, life just wasn’t the same anymore. So, I killed myself.

I couldn't continue reading, I felt so dizzy I started to lose balance.

And....it's a wrap! Thanks to everyone who made it this far, honestly. I'll try to get to tag everyone who helped with this book later.
A sequel awaits....this isn't the end...