Ring Ring

The lights of the city played in his pupils as the limo moved forward. The night was young, only 10 p.m. and despite being a Sunday, the atmosphere in Upsala felt more like a Friday. The boys were engaged in a noisy conversation but Benny didn't pay attention, he was busy looking out the window, lost in his thoughts, more explicitly in his last encounter with Anni-Frid.

<Benny, I love you.>

She, his Anni-Frid loved him. Those were such big, heavy words, not even he dared to say them, but she did, and in doing so she set them both free. He still clearly remembered how he held her, how he kissed her after her confession and the burning of her body against his as he held her. She was as lost on him as he was on her, yet he was a coward. Benny closed his eyes ruefully and held back a gasp of remorse; he didn't say "I love you" back. He was speechless, so shocked that he couldn't utter a word, he just kissed her intensely and, without saying anything else, he left. But not fast enough to miss her look of pain and desolation, she certainly expected reciprocity, she needed to hear those words from his mouth... which he could not provide. Benny had faith that his actions so far would show her that he indeed loved her, immensely. Was that enough? No, not even for him. He longed to go back and scream at her how much he loved her and meant to him.

Benny sighed and shook his head slightly. Not long ago he would have liked not to fall in love again, but being in love with Anni-Frid was worth it, it made him feel especially alive. The thin bubble surrounding him was punctured by Christer who pushed his arm. "Earth calling Andersson!"

All the boys laughed and Benny shook his head. "He is far far," Hegland seconded.

"At the house of the cute brown girl of his." Svene joked.

"I was just thinking," Benny defended himself. He didn't want to give the impression that he was only thinking of her, although that is exactly what he was doing.

"She has you spellbound, brother. Be careful," Hegland warned. Benny and Janne exchanged glances, the last one with a knowing look, of course he thought the same and more after witnessing the scene outside the cinema.

"Remember what happened last time," Janne said without taking off his piercing gaze.

Benny's lips pressed into a fine line, Christer opined. "Christina was a pain in the ass."

Enough! "But she's not Christina." Benny snapped coldly. "You do not know Anni-Frid. There is absolutely no point of comparison between them, it is discreditable that you even think of her in that way."

"Think of her how?" Svene asked.

"Like a gold digger girl, treacherous who cheats on you with one of your friends." Christer replied, unfazed.

Benny clenched his jaw, his blood beginning to heat from anger. "I don't allow you— don't you dare insinuate bullshit."

"Are they bullshit?" Chirister inquired. The rest of the boys exchanged glances with each other, not understanding.

"Yeah, bullshit," Benny corrected sharply. "I don't even know where your need to mention Christina comes from. She's gone, get over it. It doesn't concern you, neither she nor Anni-Frid. Our relationship is ours and ours only."

"I hope it is."

Svene jumped. "What's going on? Anything you want to tell us?"

Benny looked out the window again, he didn't have to explain himself. Christopher shook his head. "Nothing, bullshit," he muttered.

"I hope so." Svene knew there was more to it, but he'd find out later. "But I have to remind you gentlemen, there are no girlfriends here and no failed relationships. We are on tour, enjoying the pleasures of fame."