𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶. 𝗯𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘆𝗮𝗹𝘀

keep voting and commenting

WARNINGS: BLOOD, GORE, MATURE THEMES, VIOLENCE, MENTIONS OF SLURS AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE.

┌─────── •✦• ───────┐

Saturday, April 8th, 1918

THE most loyal hearts are broken by betrayal.

And that was Adrienne, broken.

She was the only one, except of course, her brother (whose heart was already fragile), who continued to be attacked by more misdeeds and caused the shrapnel and bones from their chests to cave in and push them further into grief, Hadeon especially.

He would've blown up his mother's house if it wasn't for her interference.

A black cat exposed themselves, only by sheer luck.

Vengeance dawned on the siblings, but would it taste sweet?

They knew that revenge burned within them, brighter and stronger with each breath, but with that, there would be graves to dig, so if they didn't inflict their revenge soon, it wouldn't be long until they were buried next to their enemies.

─────── •✦• ───────

Sitting on a horse, with her gaze towards the horizon, Adrienne let out a deep exhale.

The way the sun poured across the sky and played with the clouds didn't calm her like it once did.

It took her three days to take reign of her thoughts and settle the rage coursing through her veins. Despite knowing the facts she couldn't accept it. She didn't want to, she was still confused and heartbroken and nothing could truly help her.

Klaus slowly approached her on a horse he had trained not long ago, which resided with the Lumière's. He loved horses, despite the memories of the one Mikael decapitated not long ago, Poor Theo.

They both dismounted, smoothing down their attire and whispering things to their four-legged companions.

"She was overcompensating because she is the most guilty," Adrienne's hoarse voice broke their silence.

It almost pained her to speak, which is why she hadn't spoken since she let her scream rip across the city.

"All those tears she shed at Mira's funeral," her bitter laugh abruptly came to a halt when Hendrix snuggled his face against hers.

"You were blind-sighted, you are not to blame," Klaus offered her a crooked smile, along with his unwavering gaze.

They insisted that Hadeon should come with them but he was too busy rounding up the people he could trust.

Klaus cocked his head to the side, noting the menacing glint in Adrienne's eyes. Although it pained him to see her deal with yet another loss, he was grateful to be by her side, holding, touching and... loving her.

He always knew that Kali was the weakest link, and had stated many times he didn't trust her, but he didn't understand why, he just knew.

He would've ripped her to shreds and put her head on a pike, parading it around time for all to see, but Adrienne and Hadeon's plans were a priority.

"You're cunning my love..." he trailed off with a smirk.

She finally turned to him, "I'm sensing a 'but' coming."

"Surely killing your childhood friend-"

She gritted her teeth, "I don't wanna kill her. Punishing her is the only option. Betrayal is one of the greatest crimes, you know that more than anyone."