Chapter Twelve - Decomps Are Bad

*TRIGGER WARNING, decomposition talk, suicide, blood*
CHRIS' POV
When we finally got home I took Lilith into the guest room that was downstairs. I didn't want to risk having her fall going up or down the stairs trying to get to my bedroom. She slowly unpacked a few of her things and put them in the dresser drawers as I watched her, making sure she wasn't overdoing it. Lilith finally stopped and turned to me.

"Chris, are you going to be this overbearing the whole time?" She asked. I smiled and shook my head as I grabbed a few of her things to help her.

"Lil, I'm just worried. That's all." She looked at me with a bewildered look on her face. I looked down and noticed I had grabbed her lingerie. I stared at her blankly, then she grabbed it from me. Everything in that suitcase was stuff I had packed for her, so this looked bad.

"Christopher, do you want to tell me why you packed my lingerie for me?" She asked. I was silent. She turned and put the lace piece in the drawer with her bras and panties.

"I just didn't know if you wanted to fashion it with something, or maybe wear it for someone." I finally came up with an excuse. She laughed at me, and then grabbed out another lingerie piece. Lilith then came right up against me, and grabbed my bulge.

"Maybe I will wear it for you." She whispered in my ear. Chills went down my spine, and I ran my hands down the curves of her body. Then, I remembered, she was hurt badly. She was just teasing me.

"You, Mrs. Solace, are a tease, and for that I will tease you." I whispered in her ear. She grinned as I kissed and bit down her neck.

"Is this how it's going to be for the next few months?" She asked. I grinned and lightly laid her down on the bed. I hated to see her so disappointed.

"Well, you can't participate in any activities that make your heart race, so technically yes." I informed her as I hovered over her body. She smiled and ran her fingers through my dark hair.

"Oh, Mr. Cerulli, you always make my heart race. Every day I see you it feels like I'm in high school again and I've just met you for the first time." Her words made me smile, and at that moment I wanted nothing more than to devour her. Taste her body on my my lips, get in the sheets with her. I kissed down her neck, biting it and leaving a trail of hickeys wherever my lips fell. She moaned lightly, I felt like I was going to go crazy. I had to have her.

"You just stay on your back, I'll do all the work. Just lay there and be pretty." I told her as I smiled. She smiled back at me pulled me into a deep kiss as I undid my pants. Our lips stayed interlocked as I pushed in slowly. She felt so good around me as she wrapped her legs around my back, locking me in. I held her hands down on the bed with our fingers intertwined as we passionately fucked. It was slow, and romantic, not fast paced and rough like it normally was. The only sound was her music softly playing from her phone, and her light moans as I pushed in and out. Before I knew it, I was cumming, I didn't even have time to pull out. I didn't want to, either. I continued cumming inside of her, not thinking about anything else. I landed beside her on the bed and turned to face her.

"How do you feel, babe?" I asked her softly. She smiled and gave me a light kiss.

"I feel great. I'm not hurting or anything so that's good." I rubbed her cheek with my thumb and kissed her forehead as I stared into her eyes. She was gorgeous, everything I wanted and more. We were interrupted when he phone started ringing. I was so scared it would be more bad news, I couldn't bare the thought.

"This is Lilith, how can I help you?" She was so professional, even not knowing who it was. I watched her eyes go wide, and she sat straight up. My heart was pounding.

LILITH'S POV
"Lilith, this is Lauren with the medical examiners office. I have a deceased that needs to be picked up. It's pretty far decomp, and an evident suicide. It's actually someone you and Chris went to school with." I was speechless. I had never in five years been called to do a removal straight from the scene of a suicide, but I didn't have a choice.

"We'll be right there. Where is the deceased, do they have any family members?" I asked as I started putting on my dress pants. She started to tell me the information, and Chris was jotting it down. When we hung up Chris got on his suit, and then stopped.

"Wait, you can't lift, you need to send someone else." He said. I shook my head.

"You're lifting, I'm helping. You're in charge of this one." I told him. His eyes stayed wide, but he agreed, seeing how important it was.
When we got to the scene I could smell it right outside the door. It almost smelled like if you had taken expired raw meat and sat it on concrete on a 110 degree day, and left it there for a week. Chris was gagging, but was able to collect himself.

"Put this mask on, look out for guns or needles, and for the love of god and everything good, do not throw up." I warned him as we stepped in. It was hot, and there were flies everywhere. It was evident that there hadn't been electricity for weeks with how hot it was.

"He's back here, gunshot to the head. Entrance wound is on the right side, exit on the left. Is he going to be okay?" She asked, referring to Chris who was breathing heavy. I nodded my head and grabbed his hand as we walked through the trashed house. There was no way we could roll a cot through here, we were going to have to carry. When we got to the body, I thought Chris was going to faint. There was blood and brains everywhere, and the guys eyes were caved in. He had needles in his arm, and a gun in his hand. I got our game plan, and walked Chris out. He instantly ran to the removal van, whipped off his mask, and started throwing up.

"Okay, we can't roll the cot. We have to carry." I told him. He wiped his mouth with a Kleenex i had handed him, and then stood up all the way.

"Lil, you can't lift. What about the investigator? Can she?" Right as he said that, she walked out and said she was leaving. Then it was just us and the cops who refused to go in because it was a decomp.

"We don't have a choice. I'll be fine, he can't weigh more than 180 pounds anyways." I said as I pulled out the cot. When we got in I walked Chris through helping me get the body in a bag, and we got him on the cot.

"Are you sure you can do this?" He asked again. I nodded my head, and we counted to three, then lifted up the cot. He walked backwards, looking down at every step.
We finally got the cot in the car, and as soon as I sat down in the drivers side I felt a horrible pain. I clutched my chest, and rested my head on the steering wheel. However, what I thought was just resting my head turned out to be passing out, everything went black and the last thing I remember was hearing Chris shout my name.