03. ʸᵒᵘ ˡᵒᵒᵏ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵇᵃᵇᵘˢʰᵏᵃˢ

༄⁂༄⁂༄

༄⁂༄⁂༄

The Rosehill Senior Ring Ceremony was just one more thing about senior year that Livia wasn't looking forward to. She thought it was just another stupid party for rich people to flaunt their wealth at and Livia didn't even want a class ring. She thought it was stupid, she knew she was never going to wear it, ever. And she questioned if anyone ever actually did wear theirs.

But there she was, along with everyone else in a tent outside their school, wearing an off-white, cowl neck, satin dress, trying to find a seat with Gabbi. Don't get her wrong, she loved the dress, she just wished she was anywhere else wearing it.

The two friends found seats next to Russ and Carissa, glad to be sitting next to the few people at their school she liked.

Drea sat across from Livia as everyone eventually ate Carissa's cassoulet, glancing around suspiciously. Livia didn't think that much of it, she thought Drea was just embarrassed to be sitting with them and not at the popular table behind her.

After most everyone had finished their food, Livia started to feel a little weird, like things were moving slower than they should've. She felt a tug on her hair, causing her to turn around.

Elliot sat behind her at the table with Max and the others, his head resting on his arm that lay across the back of his chair.

"Ow, Elliot. That hurt." She ran a hand gently over her head where he had pulled on her hair. "Are we back in fifth grade or something?"

Elliot, who had a calm smile on his face, switched to giving her a questioning look. "I didn't even pull it that hard," he whined drowsily. "I didn't mean to. I was just trying to get your attention."

"There's other ways to get my attention, you know?"

"Oh, I know." He smirked.

Behind them, the girls at Elliot's table jumped up, running out of the tent with their hands covered. But neither one of them noticed, too busy talking to each other while the shrooms kicked in.

"You look beautiful tonight, by the way," Elliot told her confidently, something he would've said even if he wasn't intoxicated. He was always smooth with girls like that.

Livia's face got hot, which it rarely did. And she'd suddenly become aware that he hadn't taken his eyes off hers since she'd turned around. "Thanks. Baby blue looks good on you."

"Ah, this old thing?" He pulled on the front of his coat. "I'd rather be in sweats to be honest."

"Ooh a pair of sweats sounds so comfortable right now." Livia daydreamed in her high state about putting on a warm pair of sweats that had come right out of the dryer.

Some people began to get up around them, acting funny. They were dancing and singing along to the music playing, and someone had even gotten up onto one of the tables. The football team a few tables down had began passing things around like a football.

Gabbi and Livia looked at each other, worry and confusion flooding both their faces. But that was where Livia's cognitive abilities ceased, leaving her less worried as to why everyone was acting so strange.

"Guys, look what I found." Russ' loud voice caused everyone around turn their attention to him. He was holding up metallic purple and blue scarves.

Elliot got up. "Ooh, gimme one. It would look good with my suit"

"That's what I was thinking."

"It matches your hair, Russ," Livia laughed, watching the boys put the scarves around themselves. "You two look amazing."

Elliot bowed to her, the scarf flowing with him. "Thank you, milady."

Russ started batting the scarf with his arms, Elliot trying to find the most stylish way to wear it.

"Russ, you look like a butterfly!" Livia pointed at him, turning to Gabbi, to find no one there. Gabbi was on the other side of the tent, comforting someone who had never been on drugs before.

Elliot began doing the same movements as Russ, but slower, earning a loud laugh from Livia when she directed her attention back to the boys in front of her.

Livia got up slowly, moving closer to them. "If you guys wrap them like this," she used Elliot as an example, standing very close to him in order to reach his head and wrap the scarf, "you look like babushkas."

Russ laughed, opening his mouth wide. "Wait, how did you do that?" He tried to tie it himself, but failed, Livia going over to him and doing it for the boy.

Once she was done, she felt a hand grab her wrist, pulling her away from Russ. Elliot readjusted their hands, swaying like they were dancing.

"What are you doing?" Livia asked, not opposed to Elliot's hand going to her waist.

"We're dancing. Do you like dancing? Cuz I love dancing," he asked with his eyes closed, enjoying the moment.

"The music stopped a few minutes ago." Instead of the music playing in the background, Livia could hear the obnoxious yells of the football team who had taken their little game of catch into the courtyard for a full-on game. They shouted plays and grunted when they got tackled or tackled each other.

The scarf was still resting on his head, swaying with their movements. "Oh really? Well, there's music playing in my head."

"I see." She bent her head down and away from him, hiding her smile.

"Mhm." He twirled her around, causing her to get overly dizzy because of how high she was. She stumbled around and if it wasn't for Elliot pulling her back to him, she probably would've fallen over. "You should come over to mine at some point and watch Moana with my sister and I," he suggested out of nowhere.

"Exactly how many times have you seen this movie?" She reached up, resting both hands on his shoulder.

He glanced up at the ceiling of the tent for a second, thinking. "That is... none of your business. Probably more times than you've seen Tangled."

Livia rolled her eyes, licking her lips. "I doubt that."

Elliot shrugged, a smile on his face, trying not to give away the butterflies he felt when she licked her lips. Even though he was on drugs, he knew what that feeling was. And he knew he really liked the girl. More than just someone he'd be willing to have a random hook up with.

༄⁂༄⁂༄

𝒊 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒆𝒏𝒋𝒐𝒚𝒆𝒅, 𝒊
𝒖𝒔𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆
𝒐𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔
𝒄𝒖𝒛 𝒊𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒃𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒚, 𝒔𝒐 𝒊
𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒃𝒂𝒅 𝒍𝒐𝒍