07. ⁱ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈⁿ'ᵗ ᵘˢᵉ ᵗʰᵒˢᵉ ʷᵒʳᵈˢ

༄⁂༄⁂༄

༄⁂༄⁂༄

Livia and Gabbi hung out with Russ most of the night because he was one of the only people they liked at the party, except for Drea who was hanging out with the popular group again, to Livia's disappointment.

They spent the night drinking and playing a few rounds of Cornhole when no one was around. The two stopped each other from getting too drunk by going back out onto the dance floor.

As they were dancing, spinning around and dipping each other every once in a while, the music suddenly stopped, causing everyone to pause mid-dance.

"What's going on?" Gabbi asked Livia as if Livia knew something her best friend didn't.

Livia shrugged, looking around. "Beats me."

The speakers buzzed loudly, and everyone around them had the same questions they did, confused looks on everyone's faces. The sound of another device getting plugged into the speaker was heard by the crowd.

"Do you know how Drea and I first met?" Max's voice played throughout the room.

"Is that Max?" This time Livia asked the question on her mind.

Gabbi nodded as they continued to listen.

"Drea, you are a conniving, selfish sociopath who uses everyone around you to get what you want."

The crowd parted and the students eyed Max as he strutted onto the dancefloor, demanding to know who was playing the video.

"Hey guys, this is uh... this is a joke. I don't know what this is," he lied, walking to the middle of the floor. Livia could tell Max was getting nervous as everyone glared at him. "But, hey, come on." He encouraged, jumping and clapping. "Get the party going, huh?"

He made his way toward the aux, passing by more people. "Get a drink, man. Get a drink." Max hopped up onto the short stage, where Elliot sat. "Get the music back up. Elliot, where's the remote, man?"

"I don't know." Elliot shook his head, focused on listening to what was currently playing over the speakers.

As everyone listened, they looked at their friends in shock. The only people who weren't shocked were Gabbi and Livia. Livia stared at Elliot as he listened, almost feeling bad for the boy.

Elliot had been best friends with Max for a long time, and having a person you thought you truly knew turn out to be somebody else could be heartbreaking.

Max shoved Elliot. "Fucking help me find it!"

Elliot wasn't fazed by Max's outburst. He just gave him a sideways glance as Max threw pillows off the couches hastily in search of the remote.