Chapter 8

I do not own the Vampire Diaries

AN: Hi readers, quick question, I've been wandering for a while now but exactly how do vampires wear earrings, wouldn't their rapid healing heal the hole in their ear? Do they have to make new holes each time? Just something to think about.

"What?" Kol asked his head snapping up to glare at the guy who didn't seem to have heard him as he stared at Lucy hopefully. The others did though and saw the anger in his eyes as he glared at the boy.

"You want me to stay with you? Really?" Lucy asked hardly daring to believe it, she felt sadness creep into her head, she didn't want him to find out the truth, it would only hurt him more.

"Of course I do, I've been trying to figure out ways to get you away from that blasted uncle of yours for ages and now it's finally possible," Aiden said as he smiled down at her.

"Wouldn't your family mind? I mean, I don't want to be a burden." Lucy said unsure as she looked down, she couldn't tell him the truth so she had to act the part, Ade could never find out. Aiden rolled his eyes at that before tilting her chin up with his curled index as he stroked her chin with his thumb.

"You are never a burden Lucy, least of all to me." Aiden replied softly and the girls were resisting the urge to 'aww' at the sight, though Rebekah kept looking at Kol concernedly, he did not seem happy at all.

"But what about your family?" Lucy asked him again, trying not to think about the memories of that day.

"They said I can bring over anyone I want to, they're very laidback people despite the money surrounding them so I doubt they'd mind a girl in the house, they'll probably think you're my girlfriend or something and leave it at that," Aiden replied and Lucy blushed at his words causing Kol to narrow his eyes, why was she blushing in the guy's presence, she should only be blushing around him. And, boyfriend? Really? Like hell. 

"Absolutely not. She's not staying with you, she can stay with me, our mansion is most likely way better than yours anyway." Kol interrupted annoyed.

"K don't be rude!" Lucy said her brows furrowed at him despite the happiness she felt inside at his words, that he'd want her to live with his family despite them knowing each other for a little while.

"I'm just being honest darling," Kol said rolling his eyes.

"Still K, you didn't have to say that, you don't even know what the house looks like and besides, for me, any house is better than the one I live in," Lucy responded and that was the understatement of the century.

"Which is why you're going to agree to live with me darling, not him," Kol said demandingly.

"That's not really possible K considering our worlds are two completely different places. After this I have to go back home after sending you all to yours." Lucy responded wincing at the drop of his face, she wasn't entirely telling the truth but she had no choice, if she told them the truth, they'd freak out and she really didn't want that right now.

"You're going to leave?" Kol asked not knowing why he felt a pressure on his chest at the thought of the girl leaving.

"Not now but eventually I'm going to have to," Lucy said sadly.

"Why can't you come back with us?" Rebekah asked after seeing how much this was affecting her brother.

"I don't have control over that Bekah," Lucy said shrugging her shoulders actually feeling sad at the thought of leaving them all.