chapter one

I was sitting in my hotel room, laying on my bed, scrolling on Instagram. I was minding my own business, when all of a sudden, my older sister Savannah burst into my room. "Jesus, Sav, do you knock?" I said. "No." She said. "Anyways, Y/n, so I met this guy on the beach and.... he invited me to go to a party that's happening tonight." I frowned. "Okay, congrats, I guess?" I said looking at my phone again. "Y/n, I can't go to this party alone. Can you please please pleeeease go with me?" She asked. I sighed. "What's in it for me?" I replied. She thought about it for a minute. "I'll DoorDash you some sushi?" She suggested. "Fine." I said.

A lot of people tell me that Savannah and I don't look like sisters. I agree. We are complete opposites. She has long light brown hair, blue eyes, clear skin. Everything about her is perfect. I have insanely dark brown / black hair, light brown eyes, and I'm the farthest thing from perfect. That's why all the boys go for Sav instead of me. I'm okay with that. While she's hoeing around, I would much rather focus on a book I'm reading or something that's worth my time. One thing that Savannah and I don't have in common is that she is very outgoing. She compliments strangers, she volunteers, she's the life of the party. Me on the other hand, I don't like talking to people very much. That's probably I have two friends, not including Sav.

"Y/n, thoughts?" Savannah says, holding up a white slip dress to her body. I nod, giving her thumbs up. "What are you wearing?" She asks me, getting changed. "I don't know, probably a tank top and ripped jeans, or something." I reply. "Alright get ready, we're leaving soon." She says running into the bathroom. I groan. Why did I agree to this?

I finish getting ready, and walk out of the bathroom. "Aight, you done?" I ask Savannah. "Almost, one sec." She says, running back into our room. I get my shoes on, and we walk out. It was so fucking hot outside. Why did we choose to come to North Carolina for our two weeks of vacation this summer?

We finally got to the house, and no surprise, all the boys are checking Sav out, and soon enough, she completely forgot I exist, and I'm alone, standing in the corner,  counting down the minutes until it's time to go home. 

"You alone here?" Someone next to me says. I turn my head to see a tall, blonde guy, leaning against the well next to me. "Huh? No..." I reply, turning my head back around. "Yeah, that's what I thought. Not a lot of people come to parties just to stand in a dark corner not doing anything." He said, laughing. I smiled. Wait, what? I shouldn't be smiling. Snap out of it. He held out his hand. "I'm Brady." He said, smiling. I couldn't help but smile back as I said, "Y/n." I shook his hand. "Y/n... I like that name." He said. I looked away, smiling. "So, Y/n, you from around here?" He asked. "Nah, I'm from New York City, I'm just here for two weeks on vacation." I said. "Ah. A tourist." He said, holding in laughter. I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, sure. Whatever." 

We kept talking all the way until the party was over. As I was about to leave, Brady stopped me. "Hey, uh, Y/n. I wanted to ask you if I could get your number? Maybe we can hang out sometime when you're still in town?" He asked. I smiled. Brady was asking ME for my number???!!? Okay play it cool. "Yeah, sure." I said, typing my phone number into his phone. I gave his phone back to him. "Alright, Y/n. I'll see you around." He said, smiling that contagious smile of his. "Bye." I said, walking out the door with Savannah.