chapter two

"Sooooo, Y/n. Who's your boyfriend?" Savannah asked. "He's not my boyfriend." I snapped at her. "Girl, he was lookin at you like you were a snack all evening. He blushed every time you smiled. I shit you not, he BLUSHED." She says. I turn to her. "Sav, are you drunk? Seriously, are you drunk? You're talking like an insane person so obviously you must be wasted." I ask. She laughs. "Nope. Sober as fuck, bitch." She says. I sigh. We walk in silence for a few more minutes. Savannah breaks the silence, as Savannah always does. "Well... what's his name?" She asks. "Brady." I reply, looking at the ground, not making eye contact with her. "Well..." she starts. "I think that Brady likes youuu." I laugh. "Shut up Sav."

We got back to the hotel, our parents asleep. I changed, crawled into bed, and Savannah did the same. We lied awake for a few minutes when all of a sudden, Sav said, "So, when's the wedding?" She instantly burst out laughing like that was the funniest thing she had ever heard in the history of the universe. I rolled my eyes and threw a pillow at her. "OW" She yelled. "Savannah. You are seventeen years old, yet you have the humor of a nine-year-old. You need to act more mature because you're a year older than me and you need to be a good role model for me or whatever bullshit Mom is always saying." I said. Sav started giggling again. "BRO SHUT UP" I yelled, throwing another pillow at her.

The next morning, I got up and walked out to the kitchen. Mom, Dad and Savannah were in the kitchen eating breakfast. "Hey Y/n, how did you sleep?" My mom asked. "Good." I said, yawning and sitting down at the table. "So, guys. How was the party?" My dad asked. Savannah smirked and said, "Oh it was really good. Y/n met a boy there..." My parents instantly looked up at me wide-eyed and then exchanged looks with each other. "Finally!!!" My mom basically screamed. "I never thought that you would actually meet a boy you like. You know, your mother and I always thought you were a lesbian." My dad said, making me choke on my cereal. Sav was laughing too.

After breakfast, I got changed into a swimsuit, grabbed my rented surfboard, and ran down to the beach. The only good thing about the hot weather is that you can enjoy the ocean every fucking day. I got a few good waves, when all of a sudden I hear a voice next to my board. "You know, you surf pretty good for a city girl." I turned my head around. It was Brady, also surfing. "Oh my god, hey!" I said, smiling. "How the hell did you learn to surf like that? I thought you lived in New York City." He asked. "My family moved there from Hawaii when I was eight. So up until then, I was born on a surfboard with saltwater in my veins or whatever people say about Hawaii." I explained. He laughed. Oh my god, he laughed at my joke. Brady laughed at a joke I made.

 We ended up surfing the rest of the day, laughing, talking, becoming better friends. I learned almost everything about Brady. He likes soccer, dogs, (especially golden retrievers and dalmatians) his favorite color is blue, he loves surfing and everything about the ocean, his favorite food is pasta, and he plays the guitar. It was that day when I realized how connected I felt to Brady, how close we already were. It felt natural to talk to him, as if we had known each other for ten years, even though it was really a few days. It felt right to be around Brady. He felt right.