The Spirit of Maleficent

Happy October Unicorn Stars.
Not only my birthday mouth but the mouth of Halloween, so I thought, why not a Halloween story on The Princess and The Cowboy?

Oh, Maleficent died because of lizard years. So she was around 55 when she passed away. Information from Google on a lizard's lifespan as a pet is 20 to 50 years.

Tuck and Bella are 16 years old.

No one's POV
It was time for Halloween. The Haywoods goes all out for it. They just put up the final touch; Flouting candles. That after 10 years, still works. The kids were very excited because they're going Trick or Treating in Auradon.

"Ok, we are officially ready for Halloween," Beau said as the kids and Bailey cheered.

"I can't wait for this. We get to eat candy and we get to go Trick or Treating in Auradon." Cassidy said excitedly.

"Yeah, it was nice of Bella to take you guys Trick or Treating for Halloween," Bailey said.

"Yeah. I just hope that we get more than one piece of candy." Brody said.

"Just because Bella is the princess, doesn't mean you can't get more Halloween candy," Tuck told them.

"Plus, you kids can't eat any candy until I put it through the metal detector," Beau said.

"Beau, you don't have a metal detector." Bailey corrected him.

"He's talking about his mouth, Bailey." Cassidy said and Bailey makes an "O" shape mouth, understanding.

Then the door opens and it's Bella with her parents. Each one holds costumes with hangers.

"Hello everyone." Bella said.

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" Beau asked as Tuck walked to Bella and kissed her.

"Well, Brody, Jo, Dylan, and Cassidy asked Evie if she could make them their Halloween costumes." Mal explains.

"That's right. She asked us to deliver them because I was coming." Bella said.

Ben, Mal, and Bella handed each costume...

"We have a glamorous Witch for Cassidy." Bella said handing Cassidy a witch costume.

"Thank you." Cassidy said.

"A vicious vampire for Dylan." Mal said handing Dylan a vampire costume.

"Cool, thanks." Dylan said.

"And, one scarecrow and Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz costume for Brody and Jo." Ben said handing a scarecrow and Dorothy costume to Brody.

"Thanks, I'll give Jo her costume later." Brody said.

"So are you guys excited for Halloween in Auradon?" Ben asked us.

"Yes."

"We can't wait."

"Thanks for inviting us, Bella."

"It was no biggie." Bella said.

"So, Bella, Tuck what are you two dressing up for Halloween?" Bailey asked.

"We're going as Red Riding Hood and Big Bad Wolf." Tuck said.

"Oh, awesome, and what about you Chloe?" Mal said.

"A cat. Meow." Chloe said.

"So cute." Ben commented.

"I'm so excited that you guys get to spend Halloween with me in Auradon. But I do have to warn you, my dad has a high sugar craving so Halloween candy consumption is at your place." Bella said.

"Sorry but our daddy has a "Metal Detector" for candy." Dylan said, air quoting metal detector.

"Aka his mouth." Cassidy said.

"Hey, parents should also get Halloween candy." Beau complains.

"Agreed." Mal said and Ben fist bumps Beau.

"But there's just one thing I'm not excited about Halloween." Bella said gloomy sitting on one of the armchairs.

"What can you not be excited for Halloween?"

"Yeah, Halloween is the best. There's candy." Beau said as Tuck squeezed next to Bella.

"Every year on Halloween, the ghost spirit of my mother, Maleficent, comes back to Auradon." Mal explains.

"Really?"

"Cool." Chloe said.

"Not exactly Chloe." Bella said.

"Before Maleficent passed away, she put a spell on herself that every year on Halloween, her spirit returns to Auradon and possesses people." Ben said.

"Wait... possess? As in control of a person's body?" Bailey asked.

"Yep. It's very dangerous. She can possess anything or anyone for her evil deeds, that's why we keep her in a glass orb." Mal said. "Remember what happened the last time her spirit was loose..."

Ben, Mal, and Bella were terrified of the memory.

"None of us were safe." Mal said scared.

Flashback to three years ago on Halloween...
(Bella was 14 years old.)

Maleficent's spirit was possessing Ben's body as he tried to fight it.

"Mom, get out of my husband, Now!" Mal commands it.

Then Maleficent took over Ben's body.

"If you insist, let's see if you can deal with me in your daughter." Maleficent said controlling Ben.

Maleficent's spirit, a green ball, comes out of Ben and possesses Bella.

"Oh come. Why?" Bella said, then Maleficent took over her body.

"What's the matter? I just want to spend time with my naive granddaughter." Maleficent said sarcastically controlling Bella.

As Bella tried to fight for her body, Jay grabbed a glass orb.

"Oh. Grandma, it's not too late to redeem yourself. You can become good." Bella said whining.

Maleficent took over Bella's body, "NEVER!! I'll always be the evilest of the land, even in death! Watch this shot, off the princess, into through the in-laws and into the daughter." Maleficent said controlling Bella.

Maleficent's spirit flew out of Bella, possess Ben, then Belle, then Adam, and possess Mal.

"Oh but you promised you quite possessing people." Mal said Maleficent took over her body.

"Oh did I. That was a lie. I love being Evil. HAHAHA!!!" Maleficent said controlling Mal but Mal got control over her body.

"Jay, get the orb." Mal said before lightning appears in her hand, "Sorry mom but playtime is over."

Mal shocked herself and Maleficent's spirit flew out of Mal. Maleficent's spirit was getting trapped in the glass orb in Jay's hand.

"No! No! NOOOOO!" Maleficent said as she got sucked into the orb.

"Got her." Jay said and everyone sighed in relief.

"I hope that never happens again." Mal said.

Flashback ends...

"And it's not happening again," Mal said.

"As long as no one breaks the orb, we're safe." Ben said.

"Can we at least meet Maleficent?" Cassidy said.

Everyone looks at her weirdly.

"Oh come on, it's not like she's going possess us. Plus, we get to meet the evilest villain of all time." Cassidy said.

"I don't see why not, but remember, Do Not Touch The Orb." Mal said.

"Got it." Beau said.

So, the Haywoods are finally meeting Maleficent. Let's go, and enjoy this Halloween story. 🎃