Meet Maleficent (Sort-of)

(This happens two days before Halloween)

Bella's POV
The Haywoods were in Ben's office with me. Brody invited Jo. Amrita came with Liam. Jo and Liam have no idea that they're meeting my grandmother. Halloween isn't in two days but my grandmother came early.

"So, what is the surprise, Brody?" Jo asked.

"I just hope it's not a scare. The one thing I hate about Halloween." Liam said.

Liam gets spooked a lot, especially on Halloween so he tries to avoid it.

"Come on boop. Show some Halloween spirit." Amrita said.

Then the door opens, "Did someone say spirit, because looked who showed up." Mom said holding grandmother's orb prison.

"Hello, stupid-looking people." Grandma said.

My mom got embarrassed.

"W-What is that thing?" Jo said very scaredly.

"Hey, I don't talk about your grandmother like that." I told Jo.

Jo and Liam were scared and confused.

"Grandmother?"

"Yes. My mother's spirit is in an orb." Mom said.

"Maleficent cast a spell on her before she passed. Now, she returns every year on Halloween. She couldn't have just stayed in her grave." Dad said.

"Step in her and say that to my face, fur-ball," Grandma said.

"Ok, holds. Why is Maleficent in an orb?" Liam asked.

"Because glass is the only thing that will keep her trapped. She can possess anything or anyone. She's a green body-snatching ghost ball." I told them.

"Yeah. When we were 9, she possessed a Halloween decoration and scared our whole class, including us. Everyone was homeschooled for a month because they were scared." Amrita said.

"Yikes."

"Yes, so whatever you do, do not let her convince you into letting her out." Mom said putting the orb on the desk. "She just itching to be free."

"How can you trap your own mother like this? I wouldn't be surprised if Bella rebelled for a bit." Grandma said.

"Bella is dating a boy from a different world. Actually, a world that's connected to Auradon that's known as the real world." Dad said. Really, dad?

"Please, I married the God of the Underworld. I give you a 2 out of 10 for dating a dimwitted Bella." Grandma said not impressed.

"Hey!! I'm not a dimwitted." Tuck said.

"Oh, that's your boyfriend Bella?" Maleficent asked. I nodded my head and took Tuck's hand.

"Still not impressed."

"I see why she's in that orb," Cassidy said.

"Amrita, are you dating someone from the real world?" Grandma asked my best friend.

"Ummm... yes ma'am," Amrita said a little bit scared.

The only thing that scares my brave best friend is my evil grandmother.

"Really?" Grandma said sarcastically. And this is my I hate her. She's mean.

"These are the famous Haywoods I keep hearing about. They look like rubbish to me."

The Haywoods exchange looks.

"And visiting time is over. We have to set up for Halloween. And you've not invited mom." Mom said taking grandma out of the office.

"Ok... sorry about that. My grandmother is not the easiest person to talk to." I said.

"We can tell." Beau said.

"Alright, Haywood kids, get ready to celebrate Halloween in Auradon." Ben said.

Everyone cheered.

But little did they know, Maleficent has a plan. If she escapes, she'll take over Bella's body and use her too terrify people.

Oh no, wait until the next chapter to see what happens next...