(11) Unfinished business [Pt.2]

Dimentio watched as the door swung open to Blumiere, huffing as he leaned against the practically broken door. The blue man was definitely much... different looking from what Dimentio recalled.

Blumiere had no cloak or top hat as Count Bleck once did, the only remnant from his costume being the monocle on his face which he needed to read. Instead, the once dapper and prestige Count Bleck had been reduced to a loose grey-colored hoodie with a few visible stains, fingerless gloves on his hands made from his destroyed velvet-lined ones, and a mess of dark blue hair on his head that looked unkempt.

"What. Is. This." Dimentio gawked.

Blumiere, unaware of the invisible jester in the room, hummed with a tired smile on his face as he carried a bag of groceries to the nearby small table. Dimentio grit his teeth as he felt a new rage broil inside of himself, his eye twitching as he tried to contain himself from lashing out.

"HE DID ALL OF THAT HORRIBLE STUFF, KILLED ME, AND THEN HAS THE AUDACITY TO THROW AWAY HIS LIFE TO LIVE LIKE A POOR PEASANT!?" Dimentio internally screeched.

Dimentio growled as he floated up behind an unsuspecting Blumiere, his eyes focused in a wild frenzy on his prey. The jester lifted his hand above his head and cracked a smile as electricity surged into his palm.

"Time to bow out, Bleck," Dimentio spat.

He lifted his hand to strike when Blumiere turned around, cupping his hand to his mouth as he called down the hallway.

"Timpani? Honey, are you still awake? I'm going to be making dinner in a moment!" Blumiere called out.

"Don't start yet, I want to come and help, Blumi!"

The jester couldn't help but let his curiosity get the better of him as he turned his head, looking down the hall to see a beautiful woman with long blonde hair and blue eyes walking out of the room she shared with Blumiere. Timpani's clothes almost matched her husband's, with her slightly neater hair and stretched shirt on.

Dimentio felt his non-existent breath catch in his throat as he looked to see a bundle of blankets in her arms, which Blumiere smiled at as she neared.

"I didn't wake Gabby, did I?" Blumiere whispered, hugging his wife as he looked down at what she held in her arms.

Timpani giggled, shaking her head as she did.

"Don't worry, I got her down for her nap just before you walked in," Timpani replied.

Dimentio warily crept over and peered over the couple's shoulders, his eyes going wide as his smile dropped away.

In Timpani's arms was her and Blumiere's baby girl, Gabby. The infant could only have been a few months old, TOPS. She had green hair on her head - a mixture of her mother's blonde and her father's blue hair no doubt. The baby was fast asleep, innocently sucking on her tiny thumb in her mother's arms. Blumiere gently hugged both his wife and daughter, pecking them on their foreheads as he did.

"Were you able to find any directions to Flipside while you were out, dear?" Timpani asked with a hopeful smile.

Blumiere sighed and shook his head as he started to pull out what groceries he brought home.

"I did not, unfortunately..." Blumiere replied. "We might be farther away than the last fourteen towns we tried!"

Dimentio's jaw dropped.

"F-fourteen towns?!" Dimentio frantically thought to himself.

Timpani took her turn to sigh as she leaned against Blumiere, nuzzling into his chest as he gently hugged her and the baby close.