chapter 52 | Far away

30 minutes later...

I brush my fingers past her arm, the soothing sound of the water bringing peace to my mind. I keep all my attention over her, loving how good she seems to feel in my arms, resting on me, between my legs, and feeling safe.

I dive my hands into the warm water and glide them over her skin to pass my fingers between hers and intertwine them, and I drop a kiss on her neck. Her eyes close, and she lays her head on my shoulder.

"What was the thing you heard and that bothered you?" she brings it back up, so I do not keep it to myself anymore. "It didn't bother me, it just felt weird to hear you use the word 'daddy' for him, even though I knew it was because you talked to Luna. It's stupid."

A smile forms on her face, and she moves her head up to look at me. "I'm just used to saying that when I talk to them since that's how they call their dad."

"I know, that's why I didn't want to make a big deal out of it," I rub my thumb over the nape of her neck and cup it while holding her hand. "You're my only daddy anyway, don't be worried," she laughs, softly, and I smile. "That better be the case. I'm not sharing my little girl with anyone."

"That's good because I only belong to you," she makes herself my property without even me asking. "Hm. I love to hear that a lot."

"It's the truth," she smiles, and I lift her hand towards my mouth and kiss the back of it.

— Two years later —

Friday, December 8th, 2023.

6 pm.

'LEA'S P.O.V'

The time passing by at a slow pace, I take a look at my phone again, hoping to see an answer to my text, but nothing pops up, so I keep my attention on my drawing while hearing the sound of the TV play a movie.

Choco seeming in the mood for some cuddles since I came back home, he makes his way between one side of the sofa on my right and my body, and he curls up into a ball next to my hip. This big Samoyed boy, who is now way bigger and taking almost as much space as I do. I cannot ignore this or not feel anything, my heart breaks, and I pet him. We must be missing the same person.

The sound of my phone ringing startles me, and I hurry to check what it is.

< the day went well, but I'm starving, I want some food from dad or you dammit:') ]

I read Matteo's text, which I have been waiting for, but feel some grief.

[ :( I can visit you every day and bring you some home-cooked food if you want >

< you can't do that, you have to work and we're too far away from each other but thanks for the thought ]

[ I wouldn't mind yk >

< stop! You're breaking my heart! I know you miss your favorite boy but I can't be home, okay? Hate me pls:< ]

[ I can't >

< I'll be here tomorrow so just wait a few hours and I'll be here to piss you off:)♡ ]

[ well, I'm happy about it lmao >

< I know you are, but anyway, how was your day at work? And how's my baby doing? ]

[ your baby's lying next to me, he's doing good, and I had a good day >