chapter 14 | Enclosed

All our attention drifts away at the sound of a phone ringing, and Mister Jeon takes hold of it, stands up after checking his screen, and leaves the table to pick up the call.

Matteo and I both watch him enter another room, and I lay my eyes on this young man, who is still eating right next to me. "Imagine this is your mom," he chuckles, but I do not even let this happen in my head. "Not this, please, and she's for sure with a man right now, so she wouldn't be calling him."

"What if she's done with him?" he asks a good question, making me wonder about the truth. I check what time it is but believe this cannot be possible. "No, they're probably sleeping right now."

"After fucking?" he finally gets what type of woman she is, and I nod, not lying about it. "Probably."

"Jeez, men are so desperate," he rolls his eyes and leans over the table to put his elbows down on it, breaking his cookie into small pieces all the time to eat slowly. "Yeah. You know that more than I do, uh? What does it feel like to be one of those 'men' as you say?"

"I'm not like them," he denies it. "Sure. You talk about sex all the time with me, but you're not desperate."

"I'm not. I talk about sex because I'm fucking dirty minded, but I'm not gonna fuck every vagina I see," his way of framing his sentence causes me to wheeze but find it offensive. "A woman is not a vag—"

"Oh, shut up. You know that's not what I meant by that," he interrupts me before I could end my sentence, and I do not continue it. "I'm not like you," he raises his eyebrows, avoiding eye contact and staring at his snack. "Like me? What does that mean, you jerk?"

"I know you wanna suck every dick you—" a hard punch coming from me crashes in his arm to shut him up, but he only giggles and pushes me away. "Stop saying that! What if your dad hears this? What is he gonna think of me?"

"That you're a dirty girl," he does not see how serious it is when I would not want Mister Jeon to believe this is true. "Shut your mouth and never talk about this again."

"I won't but only if you're being good and respecting me," he finds a way to get what he wants from me, so I show some contempt. "Am I not already?"

"No, you're far from being good," he eventually swallows the rest of his dessert to stop munching on it in front of me, and I glance down at his lip ring. "And why is that? What do I even do?"

"You're rude," he states a falsehood. "I am because you are."

"I'm not rude," he argues, both of us fighting like two kids. "And if you mind me talking about sex with you, tell me, and I won't ever do it again."

"I don't mind, I just point it out," I make sure he does not misunderstand what I said, but a smile grows on his face. "Then don't and just shut up."

I shake my head, grinning and annoying him on purpose. "If you don't, I'll tell Choco to hump your leg again."

I hit his chest, feeling the embarrassment rush though me again. "Alright, I'll do it— I'm joking," he quickly changes his sentence once he receives a death glare from me, and we both look at each other, but his father comes back, making him gaze up at him. "Who was it?"

"Just a co-worker who asked if I wanted to go out tonight," he does not hide it but comes back. "He or she?"

"He," his lips part for his teeth to show. "Good."

•••

10 pm.

"Do you want me to drive her home?" Mister Jeon heads back towards us after filling his glass with water, and Matteo peeks at me, but as soon as I catch sight of a grin forming on his face, I know the answer he is about to give. "Yes. I'll do it tomorrow."