Chapter 5: Fuck Jeph Loeb

It took hours, but Wanda made progress. She told Kara and Zatanna about some kind of energy that they recognized as the Omega energy from Darkseid.

"So who is Darkseid and what do we do?" Wanda asked.

The two of them sighed. "I'll spare you the details about Apocalypse, but the planet's name is spelled stupid" said Kara. "Basically Darkseid is a tyrant and a god and he's a major threat to us"

"Great. Another one." Wanda groaned. "It's bad enough that we have to fight gods from Norse, Greek and other mythologies, but we have to have these guys as well! How many gods can there be!?"

"So this alien god can apparently make masks now. And since he's not going to work in a Halloween store, where can we find him?" she asked a follow up question.

"Probably on apokolips" Zatanna said. "But I'm more concerned about everything else"

"Right" said Kara. She looked away, not making eye contact. "How could we forget that?" she asked sarcastically.

"What do you mean?" Wanda asked. "Forget what?"

"That guy wasn't just based on Darkseid. He also resembled someone else" Zatanna said while Kara clenched her fists.

"And you think Darkseid merged his own power with this other person?" Wanda asked.

"Most likely. And if he did it with anyone it would be the thing that killed my cousin" Kara said. The others saw her balling her fists.

"We'll need to figure out what to do about Darkseid" said Wanda.

Meanwhile

Peter had just returned from fighting Dr. Doom.

He was glad he didn't destroy the secret lab Otto built. Having gotten in he waved to Wasp.

"How's progress with the symbiote going?" he asked her.

"Everything's pretty much done" Janet replied. "Mostly due to the mother box. It's power is incredible"

"That's great. Anyway I'm going to work on the new suit" Peter told her.

"What?" Janet asked. "You're making a new suit? Isn't that Ironman's thing? And isn't the last one only like a week old?"

"Well it would be apparent something dangerous is coming. So I'll need to make another suit" he explained to her.

"Also Doom smashed my iron spider arms, so I'd like to use the mother box on that" Peter explained.

"Then why did you want me to do that symbiote research with the mother box?" she asked.

"I'm going to make a new suit using the anti venom symbiote" Peter told her.

Janet's eyes widened in shock and fear. "But that will destroy your body!" she shouted at him.

"Not a problem. That's what the unstable molecule fabric is for" he told her. "That and the curing ability should be toned down"

She still wasn't convinced.

"And the mother box research was meant to do that?" she asked having only slightly calmed down.

"Yep" Peter confirmed with a thumbs up "I'll also fuse the anti venom symbiote with the blacklight virus we ripped off the Postal dude. That's what I meant by the curing being toned down" Somehow he still wasn't that convincing.