Chapter 9

Mario Genovese:

She cries and cries, until she couldn't breath any more, I try calming her by slowly moving my hand on her lower back, keeping her close to me. She is the strongest woman I've ever met, and the things she's been trough is deep and dark, the agony she feels, shows in her eyes, and everyday she fights trough it.

I hold her in my arms, she finally breaths calming down, and in this moment I want to take her pain away, kill who ever tries to hurt her, because she has been trough hell, she fought all her life long to be where she is today. She was only 13 years old, 13 fucking years old, and she has been abused, used and she never had love, or someone who cared for her. I want to be the one who cares for her. I want to be the one to comfort her when she's sad.

After a while she was quiet breathing calmly and she was asleep in my arms her face in the base of my neck.

She trusted me enough to tell me her story, and she cried in my arms. I feel protective over her, I want to hold her and never let her go. Protect her so she no longer has to feel the agony she feels. I want to fight of her enemies, I will do it all for her if that is what it takes to never see her in pain like this again.

What is happening to me? I've never gave a actual fuck about anything in my entire life. But her... she... I just don't know. I never knew how to comfort someone, but when I saw a tear slip from those beautiful eyes of hers I couldn't handle it, fuck, I couldn't handle to see her in pain because of the things that happened to her. And in the same way I know how she feels because my father was the same to me. But my mother was there for me, cared for me, showed me love. She never had that.

I hate that I feel this way. I hate that I care. I wish I could hate her but that is just impossible.

For five years I've tried to forget her but that is simply just impossible.

I pick her up in my arms and carry her to our room.

If I marry this woman not a single soul would ever be able to hurt her. Or touch her. I promise Gabriela I would protect you... even if that means I'll have to take down the world for you, I would.

I have known her for longer than five years the first time I saw her was at France. It was a ball for all the mafia dons all over the world. That was the first night I saw her, and I've looked for her for five years long. But she was a ghost, she was impossible to find. I did my research on her. But I never knew her story was as dark as this.

I place her on the bed. I pull the covers over her body.

She's so beautiful.

I stare at her for a moment just looking at her. She makes me smile and she isn't even doing anything.

I hate it.

I turn to walk away, but her hand grabs mine.

"Stay." She whispers.

I didn't even hesitate. I kick of my shoes and take of my jacket, and shirt and I just leave al my clothes on the floor.

She moves to the other side making room for me. I lay down pulling the cover over my body.

When I was comfortable enough she moves closer and lays her head on my shoulder. And I let her.

"You're going to hate me tomorrow." I whisper to her.

"I know. But for now just... don't go... please."

"Okay." I whisper again pulling her closer to me just holding her.

After a few moments she is sound asleep. And fuck.

She might just be the death of me. At least it would be worth it. She is so worth it. And I know tomorrow she's going to hate me again but this moment I would like to keep forever.