Erik's Angels

Erik was on his laptop, and he was about to get a call.

On the screen it showed a message to accept a call. He didn't think twice about accepting it.

On a smaller frame, it showed his face, with his uncombed hair, sleepy eyes, eyebags, without glasses, and his morning paleness.

On a bigger frame, a girl appeared.

She had mid-length wavy dark amber hair that framed her face, which hid her slight pointy ears. Striking and intelligent light violet eyes, that had her full attention on the screen in front of her. Light orange skin, which made her very noticeable, and showed her minor aesthetical mutation. A long and tall nose, thin tangerine lips, and golden freckles that covered her face. She had a pleased smile on her face.

" Hello sweetie! " she said softly in her Manchester accent.

The boy smiled. He liked it a lot when she used that nickname. Not that he didn't like being called 'Steam-Muffin', but it felt much more profound, and also quite lovely (plus, it's a notorious phrase from Doctor Who).

" Hey Erin! "

Yes, this is THE Erin McCall.

He had his eyes on her image on the screen, and it was all his mind kept attention. " How have you been? "

" I'm doin' dead well. I got the postcard you sent me a few days ago. So this is U.A. High, right? "

" Aye. That's where I'm going. Anything new from yer side? "

" I'm back in town for a few weeks. Then I'm goin' to London. I just accepted an offer from Magnetica! " her smile got bigger, and showed her excitement, and her feelings could be felt by Erik, who had a surprised face.

" Really?! That's splendid! When did it happen? "

" This Monday. I took some time thinkin' about it, and I talked with Rail-Master, and he said that I should accept. And I did! "

" I'm really happy for yae, Erin. Of all the people I know, yae deserve it the most. "

The girl chuckled. " I'm still buzzin'! How are you doin' in Japan? "

" I'm keeping up. It gets a bit lonely with all the quiet and the calm. Luckily I have me neighbours next door who are very friendly people! "

" At least I'm certain you won't go crazy. But why did you want to talk to me now? It's pretty early from your side. "

" I ken... I know... I just couldn't sleep well, and I thought of chatting with yae for a wee bit ."

" I don't even know how you can easily slip from your London accent to a Scottish one. "

" It usually depends on the mood... Or on the day... Me older brother Henry used to gamble with his former classmates, making bets if any could recognise me accent... He won over 120£ with that one... "

" I feel like I want to punch your brother, but then you would feel bad about it and then I would feel bad about it... We're the same age me and him, right? "

" Aye! And tae say that no one in the family other than Magnus and Kira knows about us two. "

" You consider Kira as a family member? "

" Known each other for years... Been best friends for a good while... Currently in a relationship with me brother... She's pretty much like a sister tae me! And me mum approves their relationship so I can already declare her my sister-in-law. "