The "After" Picture Isn't Always Better

Liam's POV *3 weeks later*3 weeks. It's been 3 weeks since that fatal accident. It's my entire fault. I shouldn't have tried to interfere, and just let her and Niall kiss. Ugh, I always fuck things up. Physically, I've recovered, but emotionally? I can't say the same. Everything is different now. Zayn made a full recovery even though he was on the side of the main impact, the driver hit mainly in the second row, on the passenger side. Oh, Nicole. That, that was her seat. I started sobbing, my body convulsing in tears. I felt someone rubbing my back in soothing circles, and looked up to Louis. He wasn't taking it well. The sparkle in his eyes was gone, and he was always somber and serious. None of us really smiled anymore. Well, not real ones at least. We still performed, but Simon had given us a 2 month break. You know, to recover and heal, and to cope with Nicole almost dead and dying. The only one who's taking this as bad as I am though would be Niall. He's stayed by her bedside every day, and night. He actually slept under her bed last night, as to not get kicked out by the hospital staff. The night before that, he slept in the guest closet. He's definitely falling for her, I can see it. Poor Nialler. I haven't seen him this depressed since ever. He's never been this upset about anything. The first week without Nicole, he didn't attend any meetings, concerts, signings, or interviews. Niall had broken 2 ribs, and his wrist, along with having a concussion. I had only broken 1 rib, but I had to have 16 stitches near my right eyebrow, that was cut to the windshield. Zayn had broken his right arm and leg, along with 4 ribs. But Nicole, oh, she had it the worst. She had broken 8 ribs, she had needed 43 stitches throughout her body; 14 on her stomach, 9 on her right leg, 8 on her left leg, and 12 across her right cheek. She also had severe head injuries, and to top it all off, she had slipped into a coma. But I think the worst part would be the 50/50 chance of her losing her memory. Oh, God, please, that can't happen. Not like this, please.

Niall's POV

It's been 3 weeks. 3 weeks without her. I'm losing my mind, a part of me slips away every day she slips further and further into her coma, the less chance she has of ever waking up. She was- no, I can't think like that, she is my life, my heart, my world, my sunshine, and the thing that overshadows all: my love. Yes, I love her. I just hate that I didn't approach her about it sooner. I actually did want to kiss her, but I looked at Liam to ask if it was alright, and if she would be okay with it. Never have I left her side for more than 3 hours. But since Simon said I had no choice but to leave her for just a little time, I only leave for the mandatory events. Which in Simon's and Paul's minds is every event. I plaster that fake smile on my face, attend whatever event, say a couple lines, then I head straight back to the hospital. Of course I also go back to my flat to change clothes. But all I could think about whenever I'm gone is her beautiful face, and those 3 hours away put me in such agony. But the real reason I want to be there as much as possible is to not only support her, and talk to her, because I know she hears me, but I want to be the first face she sees when she wakes up. When she opens her beautiful brown eyes that sometimes sparkle with mischief or happiness, that dull when she's sad, the fire in her eyes when she's mad, (although I hope that kind of anger will never be directed to me) and just everything about her. But one thing I've noticed, [ha-ha, one thing...] is how Harry is starting to visit more and more often. I leave the room when he's talking to her, but I can't help but wonder what he's telling her, or what it's about. I hope Harry doesn't fancy her, because he always gets the girl. Well rather, he always gets what he wants. And he says it himself! "The curls get the girls" I know it's meant to be a joke, but I can't help but think, how true is that? Because if Harry and I both like the same girl, then I won't stand a chance. Well here he comes, talk about timing! He comes in, humming a familiar cheerful tune, and as soon as he sits down, I get up, knowing he'd want privacy. I flicked a quick 'sup' nod at him and after he returned it, I walked away, with my hands balled into fists at my side. I leaned on the hallway wall, and slid down, onto my knees. What is Harry trying to fucking do?!? Ugh.

Harry's POV

I walked into Nicole's hospital room, humming Everything About You yeah, I know, humming my own song, but whatever. I just really needed to see Nicole. These last few weeks made me realize how much I need her in my life, and I've come to the fact that I see her more than just a friend. I've fallen in love with her, and I know that I am, because whenever I'm around her, she makes my heart race, my palms sweat, and my thoughts all flustered. Cliché, I know, but I heard Niall get up and leave. Yes, it's my chance. They say people can see and hear what's going on around them while they're in a coma, so I decided to give this a shot. Placing her hand in mine, I started. "Nicole, it's me Harry. I just wanted to tell you that I'm - I'm in love with you Nikki. I don't know if you feel that way about me, but I don't care. I will personally make it my self-mission for me to get you fall for me as hard as I fell for you. And that's pretty damn hard. And that's all I had to say, but I'll be back soon. Bye, Nicole, and remember, I love you." And with that, I waltzed out the door, with a million dollar grin etched onto my face.