chapter 1

(skye.lee<3) Faith444🤍 requested to follow you

Sitting alone in an airport with blotchy red eyes was already depressing enough but this notification held the power to make it ten times worse.

I manage to bite back a sob at seeing her name pop up on my phone. I should've blocked her ages ago but I couldn't bring myself to click the button.

Faith. What an ironic name for a shitty person. Faith was my first love I guess. If you could call our relationship love. All she ever did was abuse me, both mentally and physically and when I would call her out on it she would start scream crying about all the ways she was going to off herself if I left her.

It was only when I caught her in bed with another girl 2 weeks ago that I finally built up the courage and pulled my head out my ass and left.

But leaving my home of two years.

Fuck.

New York has been my home ever since I was 16. My mum decided to move across the world after leaving my dad taking me with her despite my dads protests.

But lucky for him I'm coming to live with him. In Australia once again.

[]

Flight 253 has been delayed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Throwing my head against the back of my chair I stifle a groan. It had been an extra 4 hours of waiting for a flight that should've left so many hours ago.

Bringing my knees to my chest I plug my headphones in and press play on my playlist.

Ilomilo
Billie Eilish

Smiling I hum along to the song gently closing my eyes and resting my head against the back of the chair.

[]

"Yo."

My eyes snap open to see a rather familiar looking girl standing before me with a cocky smirk on her lips.

"Yes?" I frown rather annoyed at the interruption.

"Your listening to my song."

My eyebrows shoot up at her statement. Realisation hits me like a bus. Standing before me is none other than Billie Eilish.

I've never been one to fan girl. It just kind of makes me cringe. Honestly yeah celebrities are cool but they are just people.

"So you woke me up to say that ?" I raise a singular eyebrow.

"Mmhmm." She nods sitting down beside me.

"I was enjoying that nap." I sigh to myself watching Billie stare expectingly.

Adjusting my position, I glance at Billie only to get trapped in her eyes. Man I had seen them in photos but in person they are beautiful. Blues and greys mixed together with the tiniest hint of green.

My thoughts are quickly interrupted as she frowns picking up MY phone from the armrest beside me.

"Your very...how do I put this nicely. Self involved." I chuckle watching her tap on my phone to skip the song that didn't happen to be hers until My Boy begun to play.

"Well it's better than hating yourself." Billie shrugs to which I nod in agreement looking back into her eyes.

"Anyway what are you doing here mami?" The pet name almost sends a blush to my cheeks causing me to glance at the floor breaking our eye contact.

"Heading home."

"Mm nice. Same here."

Billies hand reaches for my ear causing my reflexes to snatch her wrist pulling it back down to her lap.

"Hey it's ok I was just going to take out your headphones. It's rather rude to have a conversation whilst wearing them you know." Billie smirks. I don't miss the tad of red coating her cheeks.

"Sorry, force of habit." I force out a laugh.

Pulling off my headphones Billie smiles happy to have my full attention.

"So where's home?" Billie asks taking the lead in the conversation once again. Something I was very grateful for.

"Oh uh Australia. Perth to be exact."

Feeling almost naked without my headphones in, my hands instead find comfort in tugging the strings of my hoodie, twisting and twirling them. 

"That's sick dude. Australia is like my favourite place." Billies face lights up, her eyes widening at my revelation.

"Australia." I mock her American accent as she pronounces Australia.

Billie rolls her eyes shoving my shoulder gently in retaliation.

Flight 253 now boarding.

Hearing the announcement over the speakers I bite my lower lip.

"I guess that means i'm leaving now. I'll see you round maybe or something." I smile collecting my things.

"Hopefully. I'll come to Perth to see you." Billie grins running a hand through her green roots.

I merely laugh at her promise before waving bye and heading towards the flight attendent at the desk.

Handing her my ticket I can't help but smile. Billie made me forget about Faith, at least for a minute which is something I'd been wanting to do for weeks. 

[]

Arriving in Perth airport felt rather nauseating. I left this exact airport with my mum who forced me on a plane leaving my dad behind. And now I'm back after leaving both my mum and my ex a distant memory.

"Skye?"

A deep throated laugh gets thrown my way before a pair of thick arms wrap around my shoulders.

"Dad." I grin tearfully hugging the older man.

"Hi sweetie. Ah I've missed you so much." He sighs rubbing my cheek gently.

"I missed you too dad." I reply leaning into his touch.

"Alrighty let's get you home, we have so much time to catch up on." Dad claps his hands together before ushering me towards the exit to find his ute sitting in the car park. The furtherest park from the front possible. It's almost as if he does this on purpose.

[]

"It hasn't changed." I gasp taking in my childhood home.

"Well I re painted the walls inside to a gray and I installed a pool outside but otherwise it's the exact same." Dad shrugs picking up my bags with a grunt and carrying them inside.

Shaking my head at his stubbornness I pull my phone out my pocket for the first time since I got off the plane.

(skye.lee<3) billieeilish requested to follow you

yoo so what do you guys think of a first chapter ?

i love billie oml