chapter 5

"Babe. THE BIllie Eilish is coming over to your house and your wearing that?" Ash doubles over clutching his stomach in laughter before regaining his footing whilst wiping fake tears from his eyes.

Ash had stayed the night (much to my dismay) his arguments being he needed to help me figure out what I was wearing for when Billie arrives but I know he just wants to meet her.

"What's wrong with this?" I frown glancing over my shoulder to the mirror once again.

Billie was meant to be here at 10:00am and it's currently 9:15 meaning I have 45 minutes to get ready. More than enough time. Right?

"You look amazing but...you look like your going to a fancy restaurant. Which would be great... if you were going to a fancy restaurant. But your not." Ash cringes gesturing to my whole outfit.

With a roll of my eyes I begin stripping off my outfit and rummage through my wardrobe begging something to scream 'wear me'.

"Ok what about this? Casual enough for you?" I mock throwing a basic graphic t-shirt at my best friend.

"This is more like it." He grins admiring the shirt.

"And just wear some cargos or sweat pants with it. Nothing too fancy." He continues with a wave of a hand.

Nodding in agreement I pull out my black cargos and quickly pull them on with a grin.

"I can see you blushing from over here." Ash teases throwing my shirt at me.

"Oh hush. If I liked Billie any more than a friend, which I don't. You would be the first to know."

Ash simply rolls his eyes choosing to remain silent.

[30 minutes later]

"You need to relax. You and Billie are friends. She's not gonna hate you if your room is the tiniest bit messy" Ash groans from my bed.

Ignoring his remarks I continue to re arrange my shelves constantly wiping my sweaty palms against my sweat pants in an attempt to dry them.

DING DONG

"Oh shit she's early." I panic glancing hastily at the mirror before inhaling deeply.

"Chill. Out." Ash almost yells standing up and moving towards the stairs.

"Whatever." I mumble glad he couldn't hear me.

Rushing down the stairs and overtaking Ash I make my way to the front door running a shaky hand through my hair before pulling the door open.

"Airport girl." Billie grins.

My eyebrows raise at the girl, a blush setting through my face.

Wearing a black baggy shirt covered in Billies name as well as a matching pair of baggy black shorts Billie looks attractive as fuck.

"You good? Your staring." Billie laughs leaning in to hug me.

A split second of fear rushes through my chest before realising she just wants a hug. Wrapping my arms around her waist I grin into her shoulder.

"Your house is cute, just like you." Billie whispers, her breath hot against my ear.

Red flushes through my face again and all I can do it nod.

"I'm glad your here." I manage to spit out pulling back from the hug.

Billies grin extends.

Pushing past me she makes her way into my house admiring all the pictures of baby me on the walls.