chapter 1 ~ my life

This is my first story I hope you like it let me know any of your comments about it please! :) btw this is lea the main character

"You ready for school honey?" My mother can be the most sweetest person but sometimes I just want to scream at her she has said this at least 10 times since I woke up. " no mom I am still curling my hair " I sighed. "Well you need to hurry or we both are gonna be late" as I am on my last curl the lights went out. "Mom did you pay the electricity bill?" As I was putting up the curling iron mom said

"No I forgot to I have just been too busy lately for me to go do that."

"Its right up the street!"

"Yea I know but its just been too difficult trying to help take care of you and Andrew since your dad died."

We lost dad about 3 years ago he died in a car crash while he was going to work about 20 minutes away from the house ever since then mom hasn't been the same she has forgotten so many things it's completely unbelievable on how much she has forgotten.

"Okay let's go I am finished."

" Ok I am sorry I will pay it after school."

Mom is my freshman language arts teacher she is a good teacher but sometimes she is not. One time she planned this project for us to do about Edgar Allen Poe but, when she tried showing us what to do with it she was trying to put a poster up on the wall in a chair and she fell and put a hole in the wall but she was okay. You can she is kind of a trouble maker she has trouble wrapped around her finger. But luckily I didn't get that from her but from my dad's side of the family they have all gotten cancer, asthma, some bad infection that they have all died from or have died in a car crash. So yea let's hope that I don't have any of their genetics that will do that to me. we got in the red old rusty chevy and headed to school. We got to school in ten minutes.

" don't forget to go up to the office to turn in your forms and make sure your not tardy see you later my sweet heart. I love you I will be inside in about 5 minutes. See you in a few hours."

She waves while I am getting out and turn around to see her face.

"Okay I love you 2 see you later"

I turn around and she gasps

"oh and to remind you  since its Friday I am going to pick your brother Andrew up once he gets out of soccer practice after school so you will need to ride the bus home, if you want you can ride the bus home down the street to Zac's house but tell me in class if your going over there or not and I will call the office to make you a note if he accepts"

"okay mom thanks"

"your welcome"

as I go run inside I run into Zac a shaggy brown hair, brown eyed boy.

Teaser: "why are you two late?".

(Teaser idea came from xshinnyeyesx will be doing these more often at the end of each chapter as a sneak peek for the next chapter)