(8) Flame-Lily

All I could say "You need to get your teeth fixed." and it's face dropped and out of the corner of my eye I saw the flash of a red lightsaber swinging at my head but before I could duck I heard the sound of sabres clashing together I looked over to my right to see Anakin blocking the figures hit with his own. The creature faded into the shadows as I and Anakin searched every spot in my room and he was just gone. "You alright?" Anakin sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair "Yeah," I said lightly nodding "that just added to my stress though, I'm nervous about tonight." Anakin looked at me and softly chuckled "You'll be fine because I'll be there ready to protect you." he smirked. That cocky ass. 

"I wanted to check out the gardens, do you want to come with me? We do some spar training too." He nodded smiling as he followed me out of my room as we headed to the gardens. 

As I stepped outside into the fresh air I caught a whiff of all the different scents the flowers gave off. There were a lot of yellow candlewick flowers growing around the edges of the pathways, and surrounding the large fountain was a large amount of Rominaria flowers but the most fascinating flower, of course, was the Alderaanian Flame-lily. Its petals looked like fire itself, and the vibrant colours of yellow, red and orange made it stand out, it was less ordinary. The sound of Anakin's voice brought me out of my thoughts "What are you doing? You do know that staring at flowers won't help you win battles, right?" 

I slid my sabre out from where I'd hidden it and turned around making our weapons clash back and forth. I smiled at Anakin as I snapped my sabre into two, both ends had a laser coming out of them. I spun and twisted, and both of my mini weapons clashed with Anakin's. We were both getting tired so I boomeranged my sabres shocking Anakin enough so that he'd fall onto his back, I jumped on top of him making me win the spar sesh. "Good try Ani!" I said whilst helping him off the ground "I went easy on you." he said through gritted teeth, "Sure you did," I said patting his cheek "I'm sorry but I have a ball to get ready for." I curtsied jokingly and ran to my room.

I shoved open my door and ran into my bedroom to find 3 maids waiting for me, one was holding a gorgeous blue gown and mask, another one was holding stuff that would style my hair and the last one held makeup. For some reason I was excited, this was going to be fun but I have to remember I am doing this for the Jedi. First, they sat me down in front of my makeup desk and started to fiddle with my hair, yanking and pulling until they were satisfied with how it looked.

A/N Hair:

Then they went to makeup, they wiped off my makeup from earlier and began brushing, powering and glittering all over my face until I looked like a goddess

A/N Makeup:

I felt like a completely different person as I slipped on my dress and mask

I felt like a completely different person as I slipped on my dress and mask. I looked like royalty, I wondered if Anakin would like it as much as I did and told me I looked beautiful. 

A/N Dress and Mask:

I closet at looked at my time reader and it said that Anakin should be here to escort me in 10 minutes

I closet at looked at my time reader and it said that Anakin should be here to escort me in 10 minutes. I walked back into my closet and helped the maids clean up, I thanked them and then they left. 5 minutes, until he's here, bored out of my mind I look at my com at it, seems that Obi-wan has been notified that there is a guest who isn't meant to be at the ball is there. There was knocking at my door, I stood up and smoothed out my dress and went to the door. I opened it and there stood Anakin, he was wearing a royal blue suit and a white dress shirt underneath with a black mask accented with gold and I must say he looked breathtaking. 

"Y-you a um look very beautiful." He stuttered cutely "Thanks." I say looking away as a blush crept up my cheeks, realising the effect he had on me gave him confidence. "Shall we?" Anakin asked whilst holding his arm out for me to take "Yes, we shall." I answered we linked arms and walked to the ballroom. On our way there I mentally went through the things we had to do '1. Be a madly in love couple 2. Stay Alert 3, what was 3?' someone else infiltrated my thoughts '3 is you can go to the extremes.' I looked over to Anakin who was smirking, I hit his chest "Hey privacy and how can you do that? Can you do it with anyone else?" What I was curious about, "Master Yoda said you can do it too if you try, just think about the other person. No, I can't do it with anyone else yet but because we have some kind of bond we can communicate together." he answered "Oh cool." I said nodding my head. 

We reached the big doors of the ballroom and waited our turn to be let in.