Ch| II

(Uhh kinda want this to end Izuru somewhat still not liking Nagito low-key, well still being annoyed might be the right word idk)

It was the next day, after begging throughout out of the class time Izuru agreed to accompany Nagito again. Izuru didn't get how something like this is treasuring. It was silent, it wasn't awkward but calming.

Izuru felt suddenly sleepy, quickly snapping out of it. He has to keep awake, Nagito noticed it.

"You can nap if you want! I will wake you up when school is closing."

"I won't."

"Hm? But you're acting as though you can sleep right now, I won't judge."

"Sleeping leaves you vulnerable."

"I'll protect you!"

"I can tell you tailored your uniform to fit you, you're quite skinny and pale. It's rather concerning."

"Well I haven't eaten yet, I don't eat breakfast. I just wait until I get back home and get something."

"No wonder."

"Hey, how about we go somewhere to eat? I usually eat alone but with you I won't, I will pay!"

"I'm rather busy."

"Awh, it will be quick I swear. Maybe 10 minutes of your time? I just want to talk to you, that's all."

"We're talking right now."

"You know what I mean!"

"No, I don't."

"Please? Pretty please?"

"I get the feeling you'll bother me until I agree, so fine."

"Really? I didn't expect you to say yes as easily as that! Let's go then!"

Nagito packed his things, today was the happiest day in his life. It's been so long since he had a friend to hang out with. Without thinking first Nagito grabbed Izuru's hand and led him away.

Izuru felt dizzy with the sudden stop, looking at the sign it was a small casual diner. Nagito went inside and went to take a seat, it was rather crowded so Izuru already disliked it.

Nagito ordered, then ordered for Izuru who refused to speak to the waiter. It was unexpected, Nagito didn't depict Izuru as the shy type.

"Where's that cool collected self a while ago hm?"

Izuru didn't reply, only slowly sinking into the seat. Nagito knew something happened, he quietly looked around. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, he saw some regulars and new comers. Until his focus was directed to a female who seemed like a high schooler. She even had the same uniform as him and Izuru.

"It it her?"

Nagito figured it out, she didn't seem bad but he was cautious of her.

"I get the feeling of hatred towards her. I don't think I will ever like her, I get the same feeling with despair."

Izuru looked at Nagito, he got a glimpse of his eyes. Instead of the light green that was shining it dropped into a spiral, that had the mixture of hope and despair.

He could tell it wasn't a good thing, but Izuru was rather fascinated by it. That someone can feel such hatred towards someone without even knowing the person, though it was as if Nagito already knew all about her.

Wanting to see his reaction Izuru kept quiet, Nagito continued to stare at the student. Long messy blonde pigtails, light blue eyes and bright red nails. She looked like a model, everyone was eyeing her.

He couldn't look away either, it was like a magnet. Nagito felt nothing but despair coming off the girl, he was trying to restrain to urge to walk up to her. Fortunately the waitress brought their food, Nagito broke out of it.

Nagito started eating, Izuru was hesitant. Looking out to see the clouds were getting darker, it was start raining soon.

"You know her, is she a friend?"

"No, but we aren't on bad terms so to speak. Frenemies I believe that it would be called."

"I don't understand to ability to be close to her, she seems so... irritating."

"She's annoying."

"I can tell, I hate to idea of being friends with her. Unlike you."

"As in you do like the idea of us being friends."

"Yes."

"Straight forward."

Nagito wasn't paying attention of responding to Izuru, trying to stay focus.

"You should continue working."

"Working? Ah yes the project, you're right Izuru. I can always count on you, how lucky I am."

Nagito wrote down on papers of what he could remember from researching, since his laptop died. Izuru figured out what happened, realizing on how dangerous it was to be so close to someone like Nagito.

Izuru ate the food that started to get cold, glancing over where the girl was. She was gone, unfortunately he had to see her again in a couple of days. Nagito was smart enough to not want to get close to her.

"Izuru, why don't you come with me to my house?"

"Unexpecting, but I don't believe we're that close enough."

"It's raining heavily now, neither of us brung umbrellas. My house isn't that far from here, it's the best option."

Izuru could tell Nagito wasn't the cheery person he met yesterday and earlier in the morning, he spoke more dull. Nagito was cunning.

"Well I suppose so, I'll leave when the rain stops. It looks like it won't last long, maybe half a hour at most."

"Let's go then, I already paid."

Nagito led the way to his house, it was a bit secluded which Izuru didn't mind. It felt warm, cozy even.

"I have a spare room, I just need to tidy it. You can wait on the couch while I finish, it'll be quick! Also here."

Nagito tossed a towel over to Izuru who began to dry his hair, also some clothes. A white sweatshirt and black pants, finding the bathroom he changed out of his wet uniform. Nagito told him that he'll wash it.

Once the room was ready Nagito left some pillows and a blanket, also a spare charger.

"Hope to clothes are comfortable enough...so uh, good night!"

Nagito quickly shut the door on his way out, he was embarrassed to say. It was his first time having someone over, even for convenience sake. He was rather happy, Izuru laid on his bed staring at the ceiling.

He was comfortable, he didn't like the fact very much. Nagito grew on him, even though he felt annoyance towards him. It was just one week, then they'll stop talking after.

It was quite until Izuru's phone began to buzz, someone was messaging him at midnight. Izuru didn't realize the time, he must have been in his thoughts. Checking who it was he ignored it purposely.

Couple ringing later he finally read through the text, he had to leave. Neating up the bed, getting his uniform and phone he just stopped when he was walking out. He took out a paper and pen and wrote a note for Nagito, it wasn't necessary but Izuru had a feeling Nagito would be worried about where he had gone to. 

He made his way to a certain place, far from Nagito's house. There was someone waiting leaning on a black car, waving so excitingly. Izuru just went in the car.

Her red nail polish, uniform and that weird bear she has is all so annoying to him.

"Let's just get this over with, Junko."

"Hey I'm the busy one! I have a modeling appointment after this!"
------------

Word count : 1225