Ch | VI

(These hands...all I can write is sad fluff! I wrote it like they were breaking up or something---)

Nagito was eating a muffin he bought at a near bakery, sitting at a table with no guarantee that Izuru will come. Watching people pass by made him a bit lonely but seeing others happy made him as well. Eating the last bit of muffin he threw the wrapper, getting bored of sitting he decided to walk around; hopeful to find Izuru.

He carried a bag around, another muffin and a cup of coffee, a 'thank you' for yesterday.

For the fall he wore a sweater that was a pale red; almost pink, being cozy and warm he could walk all day.
Fortunately he didn't need to, in the corner of his eye he spotted Izuru,

"Izuru! You really came!"

Running at full speed and almost tripping on his shoelaces he caught the attention of Izuru who only stared blankly, he looked surprised but returned to his resting face.

"I saved us a seat, just follow me!"

They took their seat at the table Nagito was earlier, under a tree that cast a nice shade. Sliding the muffin and coffee to Izuru he began to chat whatever was on his mind.

Taking small sips of the coffee he listened to Nagito, Izuru found the conversation boring to say the least but he didn't find it annoying when others did, especially Junko. That was a strange thought process for Izuru, his trail of thought stopped when he heard laughing.

Looking up he saw it was Nagito, he was trying to hide it but failed miserably. Finally he laughed fully, so much so his eyes began to tear up. Feeling something happened in his stomach Izuru was quick to get irritated.

"Why the sudden laughter?"

"Sorry, it's just that... we're matching."

Looking down Izuru glanced at both of them, they were indeed matching. Just in darker shades red, it wasn't his usual attire but Nagito loved how it looked on Izuru.

"I didn't pick this out myself, someone else did for me."

"Why? Did you have trouble picking an outfit?"

"Well yes, I never did anything like this. It's a new experience."

"Me too! But I'm happy it's you Izuru."

"..."

Izuru kept quiet, he didn't know how to answer. He didn't even know what to think of it, Nagito had a habit of speaking whatever was on his mind but why would he think in such a way. Izuru found it irritating.

He found it annoying, dumb and everything bad. He wanted to tell him to stop, he wanted to leave or just simply ignore him for the rest of the day. And yet he knew it'll be impossible with someone like Nagito.

"So...where should we go?"

"I would've thought you had a plan, a reason to drag me here again."

"I was just shocked, I didn't believe you would accept it so I didn't think much of it."

"...I should've just ignored it."

"Well you didn't! Now that I think about it I know really good places nearby!"

Izuru didn't feel like walking wherever Nagito was talking about though he knew someone would be mad at him for suddenly coming back. Finishing his coffee Izuru followed Nagito down the street.

Bakerys, plazas and mini shops. Mostly they window-shopped but occasionally Nagito will whine for Izuru to buy him something, at least he was having fun. Time passed by, the early morning turn to the afternoon.

It was getting cold, the outfit was beginning to lose its warmth. Nagito hugged himself, Izuru noticed and decided to look around until he saw a small shop not too far selling jackets. Hesitantly Izuru grabbed onto Nagito's sleeve, he then stopped.

Pointing where the shop was he only smiled at Izuru, insisting he walked inside leading Nagito in.

Scanning through he picked out an ivory color puffy jacket with hints of green. Nagito was rejecting it profusely but Izuru paid before he could try to put it back.

Now outside Nagito wore the jacket, it definitely was keeping him warm but looking at Izuru he wondered if he was cold. It was getting dark, the streetlights began to shine a light orange haze on everything; it felt comforting.

Walking back to the square Nagito felt a creeping feeling, a small wave of sadness. It was unexpected, he was having a good time with Izuru, why the sudden melancholy.

"Is something the matter?"

"Nope, I'm having a great time!"

"Then why are you tearing up?"

Nagito didn't notice his vision getting all blurry, wiping his eyes he felt the tears. Izuru handed him a handkerchief, cleaning himself up Nagito continued to walk.

Izuru not being one to budge in someone's business stayed quiet though he would be lying he didn't want to make sure Nagito was okay.

When they were back Nagito smiled though it was a sad one, Izuru saw that Nagito was inching closer to him slightly raising his arms. At first he didn't know what he was trying to do until he saw Nagito's face get pink, he was embarrassed; last second he snapped his arms back down.

"It was fun Izuru, thanks for agreeing to spend time with me."

"I suppose, see you tomorrow."

"Right! School, completely forgot about that..."

Izuru walked away, feeling Nagito's gaze; it was soft and deep. It was only his footsteps that were heard echoing around them, under the streetlights Nagito walked back to his house. The light buzz from the heater was the only thing covering his soft crying.

Laying on his cold bed he was tired, trying to fall asleep while hugging the gifted jacket, the one thing he wished he could've done before leaving. The buzz soothed him to sleep.

Tomorrow will be the due date.

---

"Soooo how did it go?"

"Not bad."

"So it went well!"

Junko was nagging at Izuru to tell her all about it but he kept silent, going to his room he sat at his table, placing the cold muffin in front of him. He didn't feel like eating it, but he felt a strong feeling towards it.

"What was it that she said, grateful?"

It felt right, maybe that was the word.

------------
Word count : 1048