Chapter 3: The Starr Force

It seemed I had landed in the office of Colonel Ruffs, the Starr Force's top commander. He had been one I've been searching for on my journey. He appeared to be sleeping. Seeing this, I reactivated my capsule and flew in front of him, just as he was waking up. I tumbled down, landing in his lap.

Ruffs woke up in shock at my presence. Then he instantly calmed down and said, "I don't know who you are, but I've been waiting for you to arrive. Please, tell me your name." "I'm Eve. Eve Florigen," I said. At this, he gave me a curious look. "Florigen? That sounds like a last name for an Yxuddan. You're an Yxuddan?" "Correct," I replied.

"It's nice to meet you, Eve," he said. "There's a spot I want to fill for the Starr Force to become a member of it. Will you take me to the signups?" I requested. "I'd be glad to, but there's something I need to tell you first," Ruffs said. "And what's that?" I asked. "I've been a mercenary for as long as I can remember, but before then I've always felt like I wasn't doing what I should be doing. It was only after the events that took place at the gates that I decided to finally join the team," Ruffs explained.

"It's okay if you weren't cut out for that profession," I said, "We all start off as amateurs and improve from there." Ruffs nodded, and we continued on. Soon enough, we came to a signup area where a number of people were waiting. "I hope you're prepared for anything that awaits you, Eve," Ruffs said. "I have no clue what you'll encounter on your journeys. I'll try to tell you about a mission or give you the information you need to know. The rest is up to you." "Yes, sir!" I saluted.