Chapter 4: The Ghost

After filling out a few forms, I got into the elevator. Before I could reach the top floor, the lights flickered. I exited out the elevator and entered the main lobby, but nobody was there. This was when I first came into contact with a ghost.

It was tall and had wide-set, hollow eyes and was the only one I've ever seen with two sets of wings on its back. Its hair was dark and curly. It appeared to have been a scientist, trying to experiment with some sort of chemical. This project had gone terribly wrong and now the ghost was wandering around an empty chamber.

It turned around and gave me a terrifying look. Having no idea who or what I was facing, I panicked and quickly made a move for the elevator. As I sprinted towards the elevator, I felt the ghost grab me by the sleeve. It yanked me along with the force of a tractor trailer, which completely threw me off balance. I fell to the ground, momentarily knocked unconscious.

It then ran up to me. It took a hold of my shoulder and shook me. "Hey! Get off me!" I shouted, "Who are you?" The ghost merely shook its head and released me, with a sigh. "It doesn't matter who I am. You need to get to the top floor where it's safe," it said. "The rest of the people are there." And with that, it walked off. I looked at my watch and noticed that it was 3:07 AM, and things were lurking around the base. I entered the elevator and made my way to the top floor, still wondering who that ghost was.