Chapter 5: The Body

After making my way to the top floor, I noticed a medical room to my right. I walked in, and everyone who was once at the Biodome and the Starr Force medics were standing around. I asked a doctor, named Risto Oxmyx, Ph.D, what was going on, and he said, "It's about the Virus." "What virus?" I asked. "We've been running tests on it," he replied. "We discovered that it has a highly infectious nature. When released, it rapidly spread through the Biodome and changed everyone."

"So you're telling me there was a virus in that beaker?" I asked. "Yes," Oxmyx replied, "I've also found that it, too, mutated. The Virus' chemical formula changed to make it more lethal. Apparently, the Virus behaves differently from what we originally thought." "Why did the Virus mutate?" I asked. "I don't know," Oxmyx replied, "But whatever's causing it is incredibly dangerous." I then looked down at a table, where a body lay. "How did that body get here?" I asked. "That's something only the Virus's creator would know," Oxmyx stated. I went to examine the body.

Something seemed familiar about it; it looked exactly like the ghost I ran into back at the main lobby. After running the body through a scanner, I found out that it was the body of a man named Galileo Altromondo. He had been a scientist working for the Starr Force. "He died experimenting with the Virus," Oxmyx answered, "We believe that's why it mutated the way it did. He didn't know about the Virus's power of mutation."

I was left with many questions, such as what this Virus was and what would cause a virus to mutate. I knew there were several individuals who would be more than willing to explain these mysteries to me.